Sunday afternoon July 23: O's go for Series win vs. the Rays

FlaO'sFan

I hope the O's didn't seriously mess with Well's rhythm by choosing to play around with his time in between starts coming out of the break or that he is not hurt. Because these command issues simply weren't present the at all during the first half of the season. In these two starts post All-star break he has looked terrible.

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Maybe Statcast can add a "expected landing spot" stat in the HR stat line, using physics to chart the rest of the arc of the ball's path.

Reggie Jackson probably wishes that was a thing in the '71 All Star Game at Tiger Stadium. 

I would love to know the projected distance of that one with statcast.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I hope the O's didn't seriously mess with Well's rhythm by choosing to play around with his time in between starts coming out of the break or that he is not hurt. Because these command issues simply weren't present the at all during the first half of the season. In these two starts post All-star break he has looked terrible.

I am not a pitching expert but I think the likelihood of this is very low. It could have affected his first start after the break, not all all of them.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

You never know. Pitchers go into slumps like hitters do and while Wells has been good this year, he's still been homer prone and was out-performing his FIP significantly (4.76).