Sunday afternoon July 23: O's go for Series win vs. the Rays

FlaO'sFan

1 minute ago, Winter said:

seems Coloumbe has been standing on the BP mound since the 4th inning 

Not sure if you're listening to the MASN broadcast, but Kevin Brown just had an interesting point that it might be gunboat diplomacy to have Danny visibly ready so that Tampa doesn't pinch hit a lefty.

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

When the robo umps come, one of the things we will be arguing about is the motivations of the folks drawing drawing the TV box, and more arcanely how the error bars should be different in low humidity vs high humidity situations.

From what I've seen of MiLB games, where they have the ball/strike challenge, they show the official strike zone and not the TV one. It happens so fast, that it's hardly a delay of any substantial amount of time. Maybe 7 seconds from when I've watched Tides games. I'd expect MLB would go the same route if that occurs, ie. umps call the pitch until there's a challenge. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, waroriole said:

Cano looked good there. I don’t agree with the decision to pitch him today, but he looked better than he has recently. Now give him some rest. 

He has pitched a lot of games lately but hasn’t thrown many pitches. 

Just now, Alasdaire said:

Not sure if you're listening to the MASN broadcast, but Kevin Brown just had an interesting point that it might be gunboat diplomacy to have Danny visibly ready so that Tampa doesn't pinch hit a lefty.

I have the tv muted, thanks for the reply i was wondering if there was a reason lol

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Yep. Would definitely avoid him

Yeah, this would be the 4th time in 5 days, and one those appearances was a 2 inning outing.  It's a long season, got to have someone else get the outs.

And now as I'm typing this he has Felix warming up.