Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just to put this somewhere (borrowed from mlb.com):

The Marlins and Twins made a swap of right-handed relievers in a trade on Wednesday, with the Marlins acquiring Jorge López and the Twins receiving Dylan Floro in return. 

López had come to Minnesota in a Trade Deadline deal with the Orioles last season, and he went 4-3 with a 4.81 ERA and seven saves in 60 appearances for the Twins. He was an All-Star in 2022 with Baltimore, recording 19 saves with a 1.68 ERA before being dealt. 

Floro, 32, has gone 3-5 with a 4.54 ERA (39.2 IP, 20 ER), seven saves, 11 walks, 41 strikeouts, a 1.49 WHIP and a 9.3 strikeouts-per-9.0 innings ratio in 43 relief appearances for the Marlins this season.

25 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Just to put this somewhere (borrowed from mlb.com):

The Marlins and Twins made a swap of right-handed relievers in a trade on Wednesday, with the Marlins acquiring Jorge López and the Twins receiving Dylan Floro in return. 

López had come to Minnesota in a Trade Deadline deal with the Orioles last season, and he went 4-3 with a 4.81 ERA and seven saves in 60 appearances for the Twins. He was an All-Star in 2022 with Baltimore, recording 19 saves with a 1.68 ERA before being dealt. 

Floro, 32, has gone 3-5 with a 4.54 ERA (39.2 IP, 20 ER), seven saves, 11 walks, 41 strikeouts, a 1.49 WHIP and a 9.3 strikeouts-per-9.0 innings ratio in 43 relief appearances for the Marlins this season.

Change of scenery for two guys having mediocre seasons

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We will get some reliever.  I would be fine with that too.  Put Irvin in the rotation. Move Wells to the pen to rest his arm. 

Which will be a failure. A real chance to actually go deep in the playoffs and Elias wants to hoard prospects who have no future here. 

You have to make some kind of impact move, there is no excuse not too. Not everyone player available is going to "EmPtY tHe FaRm"

Edited by Orioles0615

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We will get some reliever.  I would be fine with that too.  Put Irvin in the rotation. Move Wells to the pen to rest his arm. 

Honestly, I'd try Means there too. 

But Elias needs to acquire at least two relievers to shorten games. Would love it if the Padres decided to sell, maybe pick up Hader. 

29 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

But Elias needs to acquire at least two relievers to shorten games. Would love it if the Padres decided to sell, maybe pick up Hader. 

Hader is on the top of my wish list when it comes to relief pitchers and I hope Elias asks about Blake Snell as well.

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hader is on the top of my wish list when it comes to relief pitchers and I hope Elias asks about Blake Snell as well.

Padres (allegedly) said they aren’t trading either. Linked in one of the threads on here today.

Tigers are sellers - we should be talking to them. 

Edited by pdiddy
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Padres (allegedly) said they aren’t trading either. Linked in one of the threads on here today.

Tigers are sellers - we should be talking to them. 

I can understand the Padres GM A.J. Preller not wanting to sell because he's essentially admitting his efforts to build a World Series team failed. The Padres barring some dramatic turnaround aren't doing any damage in the playoffs this season.

With the Padres they don't need to do a rebuild, but should at least consider retooling to make their 2024 team as strong as possible.

59 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Read today they aren’t interested in dealing.  They are going to try to win. They draw like crazy. It makes sense.