Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

2 year 86 mil with a 3rd year option of some sort.  He didn't start the year well but has pitched well as of late.  Elias has traded for him at the  deadline before I think it is certainly possible if he thinks he has enough left in the tank.  You know money bags in NY will pay down a portion of that contract to buy some prospects.

I also think this is the exact type of pitcher you want Grod, Bradish and Kremer to learn from.

86 Million dollar question is what does Verlander have left in the tank? And will ownership buy off on it?

I am going to go hide under a rock now, away from the pitch forks coming my way with notes on them.. something about ownership and being cheap... 

What prospects would it take?  I'm more skeptical about Verlander because I don't think the Mets are ready to sell yet, just re-tool.  Robertson was on a 1 year, so he's a rental, easy sell.

5 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

What prospects would it take?  I'm more skeptical about Verlander because I don't think the Mets are ready to sell yet, just re-tool.  Robertson was on a 1 year, so he's a rental, easy sell.

I think the package would have a lot to do with how much money NY would eat of the contract.  I have no idea what an actual deal would look like.

21 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

It depends on who's paying Verlanders contract. At this point the Mers would give hime away just to dump his salary obligation onto another team. But if the Mets are going to cover any portion of his remaining contract, then the more of that contract they're paying, the more prospect capital they will get in return.

7 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Lorenzen would be a waste of resources and a waste of roster space. 

I think he’s a replacement for Wells if there’s a problem there.  I agree that he’s not a pure upgrade or someone you want starting game I of a playoff series.

Well .. here we are .. every year the Commissioner on July 25th should just randomly move the deadline up …” ok boys and girls, enough.. the deadline is in 30 minutes “ 

They went to all the trouble speeding the pitchers and hitters along .. how about speeding up this interminable period? 

“No Elias.. I think I will need a different lottery ticket along with some free soda machines for the clubhouse” 

Edited by tntoriole
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

2 year 86 mil with a 3rd year option of some sort.  He didn't start the year well but has pitched well as of late.  Elias has traded for him at the  deadline before I think it is certainly possible if he thinks he has enough left in the tank.  You know money bags in NY will pay down a portion of that contract to buy some prospects.

I also think this is the exact type of pitcher you want Grod, Bradish and Kremer to learn from.

86 Million dollar question is what does Verlander have left in the tank? And will ownership buy off on it?

I am going to go hide under a rock now, away from the pitch forks coming my way with notes on them.. something about ownership and being cheap... 

86 Million questions……ANSWER NO ! 

So to get them to eat the contract would cost a ransom in prospects. I don’t think Elias will be down work that.

Edited by Roll Tide

43 minutes ago, zweem said:

Guardian trade proposal per The Atlantic staff article today---

Prediction: Aaron Civale traded to Baltimore for prospects Connor Norby and Cade Povich.

Sounds good to me.

I’d be okay ….but, we need to sign him to an extension. I’m not overly protective of Povich after looking at his ERA, HRs, BB/9 the last 2 years. But, Norby is going to be a player for someone. 2.2 seasons is better than 2 months. 

Edited by Roll Tide
Wrong years of control
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d be okay ….but, we need to sign him to an extension. I’m not overly protective of Povich after looking at his ERA, HRs, BB/9 the last 2 years. But, Norby is going to be a player for someone. 1.2 seasons is better than 2 months. 

Civale is NOT a rental-----

• Upvote 1