If the Cubs aren't selling, the market is down to:

1. Snell

2. ERod

3. Flaherty

4. Lorenzen

5. Lugo

6. Hill

7. Clevinger

Take Snell and Lugo out if the Padres decide not to sell. ERod might be too risky for Elias, since he can opt-in for 50M if he gets hurt. Flaherty and Lorenzen are the best bets for a starter, imo. Brent Suter is my guess for a reliever.

Cleveland is rumored to be willing to move a starter 

As I alluded to above, Cleveland has young starting pitching up the wazoo. While Shane Bieber apparently isn't going anywhere. guys like Logan Allen, Aaron Civale, Gavin Williams and Tanner Bibee should all be on the table.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Cleveland is rumored to be willing to move a starter 

I've read reports about Civale, but I've seen nothing indicating that Cleveland would be willing to trade Williams, Bibee or Allen. It'd be nice, but it's pure wishful thinking / speculation on our end. 

Feels like the off season.  Elias bought a couple of cheap FAs early while the OH sat here and speculated on better free agents for months and months.  It's very possible ME did the same with Fuji this trade season; cheap, early and done.  Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see some big addition.  Whether that's reluctance to trade prospects, failure to find an agreeable deal, or Scrooge McAhole not spending, we don't know.  The sad part is, a couple of good arms could make a big difference this year.   

13 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Doesn't appear the O's were interested in Hicks at all. I have no problem with that since he sucks, but thought it was worth pointing out.

That's a bit over the top. So far this year

3.67 ERA  3.02 FIP  3.21 xFIP

Since May 1st

2.67 ERA  2.39 FIP  3.14 xFIP

He has been quite good.

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

That's a bit over the top. So far this year

3.67 ERA  3.02 FIP  3.21 xFIP

Since May 1st

2.67 ERA  2.39 FIP  3.14 xFIP

He has been quite good.

1.5 WHIP. He doesn't know where the ball's going when it leaves his hand.

1 hour ago, FlipTheBird said:

At this point everyone needs to make their peace with the fact that the O’s game 1 playoff starter, should such a thing occur, will be Kyle Bradish.

As much as I really like the season that Bradish has had, please forgive me if I am not exactly excited about that possibility and shudder to think about what that means for our future in terms of the org’s willingness to improve the team regardless of how close we are to having a legit shot at making a deep run.

I do think tonight could be a mini-flurry as acquirers may want guys getting to the cities where they will be starting out the week.

Verlander's Win this afternoon was the 250th of his career.      Greinke 25 away, Scherzer and Kershaw 40 away.    The Raysian fragmentation and relieverization of all pitching - I'm not sure whether to guess 250 is the new 300 wins or the new 400 wins.     Gerrit at 139 wins I'm not sure he's a 200 lock, never mind 250.

11 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

As much as I really like the season that Bradish has had, please forgive me if I am not exactly excited about that possibility and shudder to think about what that means for our future in terms of the org’s willingness to improve the team regardless of how close we are to having a legit shot at making a deep run.

Before his last start, Bradish would have had the 8th lowest ERA for a starting pitcher in baseball if he qualified. And he's very close to qualifying.

I'm totally fine with it. There literally aren't many possible improvements.