Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I just don't think Mateo is bringing back a prospect worth the risk of sending him to Toronto and him getting hot for a couple months.  Send him to someone rebuilding where he can get playing time and we can still root for him. 

Certainly no interest in trading them a Westburg or Ortiz.

Do they have any FA relievers we could swap Mateo for?

49 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think the positive PR alone would justify the move in the short term.  Massive attendance boost, national articles, etc.  if he kills it, Elias is a god.  If he doesn’t, oh well he tried.  With that said, it’s a massive gamble and not one I’m sure I’d take.  I think the Verlander deadline magic is a once in a career story.  

That's the thing...everyone wants to go to heaven, no one wants to die.  It's a massive gamble but hardly anyone wants to take that risk.

If the Dodgers make the first move today and land E Rod then I think Verlander to Baltimore might be a real thing.

I still think Verlander to LA makes the most sense, I think it is weird how the Astros were out on SP and Verlander a few days ago and now all of a sudden back in the conversation. 

7 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

You have to love that this is the one, single trade deadline rumor that Roch has retweeted. None of the Morosi stuff, nothing confirming any interest in anyone. Just the one the pours cold water on the biggest rumor so far. He can be such a sour person sometimes. It's one thing if he was RTing all the national journo rumors as well as ones like this - that would just be covering all bases - but he clearly chose ONLY this one. I think he actively enjoys bumming out his audience. It's weird! 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

Just now, interloper said:

You have to love that this is the one, single trade deadline rumor that Roch has retweeted. None of the Morosi stuff, nothing confirming any interest in anyone. Just the one the pours cold water on a rumor. He can be such a sour person sometimes. It's one thing if he was RTing all the national journo rumors as well as ones like this, but he clearly chose ONLY this one. I think he actively enjoys bumming out his audience. It's weird! 

I imagine it's more about managing expectations on behalf of the team. Last year after "liftoff" he was consistently writing that the moves would be measured and it drove everyone insane.