Scoreboard watching

Frobby

Hold up, so a talented Rays pitcher with a checkered health history is having bumps.

One of the things I believe the Rays do is embrace injury risk - they'll mix and match to cover it, and want you when you're hot.     But I don't believe anyone should be surprised when their Arms collectively miss more time than ours with our Lyles/Gibson loving GM.

I do hope as we grow stronger and the mix is rebalanced our need to employ the Lyles-Gibson type guy at all diminishes.    We'll see how Means and Grayson and Rom and Armbruester and Povich look these next couple months.

I am interested next few hours to see if they close their Lance Lynn acquisition before his 810 scheduled turn against Stroman.

17 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Hold up, so a talented Rays pitcher with a checkered health history is having bumps.

One of the things I believe the Rays do is embrace injury risk - they'll mix and match to cover it, and want you when you're hot.     But I don't believe anyone should be surprised when their Arms collectively miss more time than ours with our Lyles/Gibson loving GM.

I do hope as we grow stronger and the mix is rebalanced our need to employ the Lyles-Gibson type guy at all diminishes.    We'll see how Means and Grayson and Rom and Armbruester and Povich look these next couple months.

I am interested next few hours to see if they close their Lance Lynn acquisition before his 810 scheduled turn against Stroman.

Well, this is knee discomfort, so I doubt it relates to any Rays organizational philosophy.  

On 7/25/2023 at 1:49 PM, bpilktree67 said:

True but they have gained a half game on us in that span.   We are 29-21 and the Jays are 30-21 since game number 50.   As long as we keep playing well it won't matter how hot they get because they were so far behind.  

Jays are 7-20 against the AL East and have the most AL East games left to play.  So, they’ll need to turn that around if they want to make noise in terms of winning the division.   

12 minutes ago, dystopia said:

You’ve gotta be kidding. I thought he was out until September. 

They've been trying to accelerate him because they are sub-.500 withotu him.   I heard talk this week that he might comee back without a minor league rehab.

Jays are a good team but the Rays have been in a funk and are still just 1.5 games back. They're going to rebound, they're not going to play like this for the rest of the year.

Rays are the better team and the bigger threat. 

Padres dropped the rubber game of a home series against the Pirates as Soto sat out on the eve of an off day.    He pinch hit and walked - postgame there is report Soto is going for a MRI on a finger it is now being admitted has been bothering him for a while.

Hollander on play by play reported earlier in the game the Yankees are throwing Cole in the Friday opener against Grayson.

Not super-relevant to the O's but notable that the Rangers are down 3-0 early to the Astros and Framber Valdez. If they lose, the Astros will technically be leading the AL West and Texas will be back in the wild card hunt. The Orioles are 3-3 against the Rangers, but the next tiebreaker is division record and the Rangers play in a division with a glorified AAA team, so if the Orioles and Rangers should finish with the same record and both be wild cards, that's not promising.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:56 PM, Hallas said:

I don't love the extra interleague play - I would prefer more same-league, other division games.  But at least it doesn't feel like the AL East is beating the crap out of each other and everyone else laughs their way to the playoffs.

My dislike for the extra interleague play is softened by the fact that the NL Introduced the DH.  At least both leagues are playing the same game now.

You mean the NL has also added the DH right?  The AL introduced it first.