Scoreboard watching

Frobby

2 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

If the Yankees lose on Sunday it’ll be eight losses in a row, capped off by getting swept at home by Boston. Monday’s an off day for NY, and under those circumstances I can’t see Boone surviving the day. 

boston is 7-1 vs new york this season,too bad the o's caught new york when they still had some pride

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

I vote they keep him.  I like the Yankees in last place.

Boone is 487-342 as the Yankees manager since 2018 and 5 playoff appearances in his first 5 years. Cashman and Steinbrenner both love him, I'm not sure they are blaming this season on him.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It would be nice to see the Yankees have a monumental collapse and only win 70 games.  Still not as bad as probably 10 years of the last 25 for the O's.  Almost down to 7 teams for 6 spots.  Likely Seattle and Toronto battling it out for the last spot.

They are having a bad year, but they haven't been sub .500 in 31 years, longer than a lot of posters have been alive on this forum I'd guess. I love seeing them flounder, but they've shown how resilient they are long-term and they'll do what they have to put a competitive field on the team for next year. 

20 minutes ago, Malike said:

They are having a bad year, but they haven't been sub .500 in 31 years, longer than a lot of posters have been alive on this forum I'd guess. I love seeing them flounder, but they've shown how resilient they are long-term and they'll do what they have to put a competitive field on the team for next year. 

You’re right, the down time won’t be long. All the more reason to revel in it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Sure they will.  But I want Yankee fans to understand what it actually feels like to have a losing season.  I hate it when they’re on pace for 88-90 wins and their fans are whining about how disappointing the Yankees are.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Sure they will.  But I want Yankee fans to understand what it actually feels like to have a losing season.  I hate it when they’re on pace for 88-90 wins and their fans are whining about how disappointing the Yankees are.  

I don't disagree but there are roughly 2 generations of Yankee fans who have no idea what a sub .500 team looks like. They might this year.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Malike said:

They’ll likely have better luck next year with injuries and some poor performances, but I don’t see a big turnaround next year either. Hal doesn’t seem to be the big spender than George was, and other than Ohtani I don’t know there’s a big difference maker available. This is what happens when you only build through free agency. 

Mariners have won 13 out of 16 and 21 of 28 (with 2 losses to us last weekend being the only blemish on their record for a month).

They have passed the Blue Jays for the final wild card spot by half a game, and have jumped out 4-0 on the Astros early today.

Julio Rodriguez has been on a huge tear this week, after we left town.

If they win today they will just be a half game behind the Astros for the #2 wild card spot.