Gunnar’s back

Sports Guy

8 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

There must be something going on with the field or the turf at the Phillies stadium, because I have never seen so many injuries in just 2 games. The field must be harder than most fields in the league or something. Even the way the ball bounced to hit James McCann yesterday in the spot you don't want to get hit, kind of suggested the field surface being a little rough (as far as density/softness goes).

The Gibson throw up the line to 1b that bounced for O"hearn, I thought the same thing. 

13 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

The Gibson throw up the line to 1b that bounced for O"hearn, I thought the same thing. 

Back in the old days, the Brooklyn Dodgers played a lot of games with their infield. The would roll the dirt in the infield until it was like concrete and the baseball would bounce off of it at high velocities like a marle off of a granite slab.  The left field foul line would be subtly groved and even the grass blades bent so that you could watch a bunt roll towards foul territory and then never ever get there.   Reminds me of basketball in urban parochial high school in New Jersey growing up.  The BB courts just barely fit into the gym and there were often old fashioned iron heating radiators almost right n the court.  They were hot.  There were out-of-bound plays that worked around the visitors burning their kisters on them. You had to know which were hot and which were not.

Edited by 2001OriolesFan

4 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Back in the old days, the Brooklyn Dodgers played a lot of games with their infield. The would roll the dirt in the infield until it was like concrete and the baseball would bounce off of it at high velocities like a marle off of a granite slab.  The left field foul line would be subtly groved and even the grass blades bent so that you could watch a bunt roll towards foul territory and then never ever get there.   Reminds me of basketball in urban parochial high school in New Jersey growing up.  The BB courts just barely fit into the gym and there were often old fashioned iron heating radiators almost right n the court.  They were hot.  There were out-of-bound plays that worked around the visitors burning their kisters on them. You had to know which were hot and which were not.

I can see why that is still a fresh memory, ha!