Which players/prospects would you be okay with trading?

Greg Pappas

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If you are only willing to give up what you don't really want, you aren't going to get anything you want in return.

Unless the reason you don't want a player is because you have more players than you have spots available.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's right.

I don't know about that.  I say Norby, Stowers and Prieto for starters.  It's not because I don't want them.  I like them all, but they all also seem to have multiple players and prospects blocking them so they have value to other teams and to us in a trade.  

From the big club, I'm ok with moving Mateo, Urias, Mountcastle, and McKenna even though with the injuries in CF McKenna has become more valuable. I actually may take a look at Mateo out there if they want to keep him on the team.

For Prospects, the guys that have good value that I'm ok to move in the right deal are: 

Willems
Norby
Stowers
Fabian
Wagner
Prieto
Hall
Beavers
Anyone from 17 and below on the Prospect Power Rankings

Guys I'd move but only for an absolute impact player with some retainability (not a half year rental)
Westburg
Cowser
Kjerstad
Ortiz
Povich

Untouchable for me:
Holliday
Mayo
Basallo

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I don't know about that.  I say Norby, Stowers and Prieto for starters.  It's not because I don't want them.  I like them all, but they all also seem to have multiple players and prospects blocking them so they have value to other teams and to us in a trade.  

Well, that's fair.  And I know I'm going to get flak for it because Norby Nation exists on the OH but I really am not interested in him as a prospect, squarely because of Henderson, Holliday, Westburg, and Ortiz.  In other words, he's blocked and probably has more value in a trade.

So you're correct but I'm also being a bit callous when I say that a guy like Norby is someone I don't want.  Not necessarily his fault, it's just that there's a lot of competition and he's on the outside looking in.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

From the big club, I'm ok with moving Mateo, Urias, Mountcastle, and McKenna even though with the injuries in CF McKenna has become more valuable. I actually may take a look at Mateo out there if they want to keep him on the team.

For Prospects, the guys that have good value that I'm ok to move in the right deal are: 

Willems
Norby
Stowers
Fabian
Wagner
Prieto
Hall
Beavers

Guys I'd move but only for an absolute impact player with some retainability (not a half year rental)
Westburg
Cowser
Kjerstad
Ortiz
Povich

Untouchable for me:
Mayo
Basallo

Great breakdown... perhaps I'll rephrase the topic title after comments to that point.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Willems
Norby
Stowers
Fabian
Wagner
Prieto
Hall
Beavers

Westburg
Cowser
Kjerstad
Ortiz
Povich

Untouchable for me:
Mayo
Basallo

This is almost exactly where I stand with leaning towards putting Kjerstad in untouchable as well.  But I'm very high on Kjerstad and think he's going to be a 35+ HR hitter for us.  

• Upvote 2

• Greg Pappas changed the title to Which players/prospects would you be okay with trading?
9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Baumann.

I mean, this thread is going to be a list of players most of us don't like and want to see gone, so while I'm here I'll agree on Mateo, Mountcastle and Stowers.  I'll agree on Prieto because we've already got a lot of middle infielders.   Expect Frazier to be mentioned a lot.

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If you are only willing to give up what you don't really want, you aren't going to get anything you want in return.

Good point guys... re-titled the topic.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

This is almost exactly where I stand with leaning towards putting Kjerstad in untouchable as well.  But I'm very high on Kjerstad and think he's going to be a 35+ HR hitter for us.  

Only Kjerstad's below average running and defense keeps him off the list for me for now. But he's still not a guy I'm giving up for a rental or a reliever.

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Willems
Norby
Stowers
Fabian
Wagner
Prieto
Hall
Beavers

Westburg
Cowser
Kjerstad
Ortiz
Povich

Untouchable for me:
Mayo
Basallo

Good list, but Holliday is absolutely in the untouchable group.