Will we see some 2023 draft class debuts this week?

Frobby

• Frobby changed the title to Will we see some 2023 draft class debuts this week?
6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

8/3

Josenberger 0 for 2 with 2 walks

Horvath 1 for 1 with 2 walks

Etzel 2 for 3 with a double and a walk

Haven’t seen Bradfield yet - I wonder if he’ll appear in the FCL or go straight to Delmarva   

Cowser started in the FCL so it seems like that’s what they prefer even for the top pick.

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

8/3

Josenberger 0 for 2 with 2 walks

Horvath 1 for 1 with 2 walks

Etzel 2 for 3 with a double and a walk

Haven’t seen Bradfield yet - I wonder if he’ll appear in the FCL or go straight to Delmarva   

More excited to see how Horvath does in the next few months then Bradfield. Looks like a complete player with power/speed.

The Verge

Enrique Bradfield Jr and 20th round pick Jalen Vasquez added to the FCL roster today. Also, LHP Trey McGough will begin his rehab today in Sarasota. McGough was picked up in the Rule 5 draft last year after TJ surgery. He's a Mt. Saint Mary's grad

10:33 AM · Aug 4, 2023

·

Views

Edited by RZNJ

18 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

There have been some aggressive moves with draft picks already.  The Angels first rounder is in AA already, for example.

I just saw that. Are there any other teams pushing their guys that fast? I saw that Schanuel crushed 2 games and A ball and they sent him straight to AA where he hasn't looked overmatched. It worked for them with Neto, but I can't imagine this is a strategy that will be consistently optimal. 

3 minutes ago, TheWall said:

I just saw that. Are there any other teams pushing their guys that fast? I saw that Schanuel crushed 2 games and A ball and they sent him straight to AA where he hasn't looked overmatched. It worked for them with Neto, but I can't imagine this is a strategy that will be consistently optimal. 

I don’t think I have seen guys in AA but I believe I saw multiple high A guys right off the bat.

I think it’s a great strategy. Look, these college picks, especially high first rounders, should move fast. You want to take advantage of as many peak years as possible and getting these guys going and facing good pitching immediately is a good thing.

Look at Beavers. He is one year removed and already in AA and they wanted to work on his swing. A guy who is a high first round pick may not need that, so for him to move that much faster makes sense.