Orioles interested in Dylan Carlson?

Sports Guy

25 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Just a reminder that Elias did say that if we make additions before the deadline he would bet heavily that it would be pitching.

Obviously stuff can change.  But that is still where I'm at.

im sure if he can upgrade the 4th OF with the injuries and Hays suddenly turning into Mateo at the plate trading for an OFer isn't too far out there. We're in 1st place and Frazier shouldn't even be thought of to be playing in LF. Hays has been so bad of late im not so sure we can trust him as an everyday player down the stretch either, the only thing keeping him in the lineup everyday right now is injuries and Cowser questionable defense. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

Based on the MLBTR article sounds like he was discussed as a throw in to a Montgomery deal that was being discussed. I think the concern here is what is the real time table for Mullins to come back?

Yep ….we now need a starter. They really don’t have one unless your ok taking Flaherty or Mikolas. 

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You created a thread for this outside the rumors thread? .673 OPS, light long ball power, no SB, 25% ish K rate. Hitting .213 over his last 30 games! What am I missing? 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

At least Fujinama was trending in the right direction when we added him. We already have enough easy outs on this team. We don’t need to add another.

Well, Byron Buxton was a bust until he wasn't.  Carlson was that level of prospect correct?

10 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

This guy would be a decent piece to have in the organization, because he’s versatile and inexpensive. But, I’d take McKenna over him on the current roster, and wouldn’t give up much for him.

Does seem more like an off season acquisition to me.  The Orioles may not have a stud but they're pretty deep in the outfield.

He was a highly ranked prospect not that long ago.

He walks at a solid rate.

In 2021, he had a 780 OPS at age 22.

He has lots of team control(albeit the more expensive years).

He is a good defensive player with a very good arm.

His batted ball data isn’t the best but it’s not horrible either. 

The CF defense without Mullins has been abysmal and the team just doesn’t know when Mullins will be back and they don’t know how if this will re-occur again.

He is a switch hitter but he really struggles from the left side. His OpS on the right side was 845 last year and 801 this year but it has barely been above 600 the last few years.

He turns 25 in Oct, so age is on his side. Perhaps they see something? Maybe they think he needs to give up switch hitting? 

Maybe it’s just purely an upside play and better insurance for what we have on the team. Either way, if the price tag isn’t too high, he’s worth taking a chance on.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

he bats left handed, which we all know Elias likes.

He is a switch hitter but he really struggles from the left side. His OpS on the right side was 845 last year and 801 this year but it has barely been above 600 the last few years.

• Thanks 1