Trade Deadline Prediction Time

Greg Pappas

3 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Ah okay, didn't see that.  I want the Orioles to make a move and think they need to, but Elias certainly needs to show restraint to avoid trading away too many prospects for a mediocre upgrade. 

Yeah... I'd prefer they add a starter. But I'd like to see them add an emerging starter with years of control and a modest enough salary. I think both a rental and or a high salary mediocre vet aren't particularly helpful.

We need to move some logjam pieces.. but can probably extract greater value in the offseason.

There are compelling arguments for all sides of this thing.  Kinda what makes it interesting.

29 minutes ago, owknows said:

Yeah... I'd prefer they add a starter. But I'd like to see them add an emerging starter with years of control and a modest enough salary. I think both a rental and or a high salary mediocre vet aren't particularly helpful.

We need to move some logjam pieces.. but can probably extract greater value in the offseason.

There are compelling arguments for all sides of this thing.  Kinda what makes it interesting.

Agreed.  I prefer a long term piece over a short term piece as well, and agree that the log jam of positional prospects makes a trade make more sense.  Will be interesting to follow the next 5 hours.