Kevin Brown

Srey

7 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

Not sure if this was a joke or not, but apparently that artist posted that she was drunk during the performance, and is now checking into rehab. 

I mean.....it is possible. 

Because it was brutal.

Although has someone who has been to many karaoke and Korean Karaoke bars,  normally when you indulge in adult beverages?  You generally tend to sound better.  Not sure what happened there.

45 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I mean.....it is possible. 

Because it was brutal.

Although has someone who has been to many karaoke and Korean Karaoke bars,  normally when you indulge in adult beverages?  You generally tend to sound better.  Not sure what happened there.

You only think you sound better after a few drinks.  

18 hours ago, interloper said:

It explains a lot, yeah, considering she's a 4-time Grammy winner. 

Side note, if I'm a singer doing the anthem, I'm requiring someone in my in-ears playing reference notes on the key if I start to drift. That would have helped her a lot. Most people just go up there and let it rip and that's great, but on a national broadcast I'm not taking any chances. 

Not that it matters...but she's never won a Grammy.  She is a 4 time nominee.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone familiar with the Baltimore baseball media/tv scene explain the announcing partners to me?

Why do the announcing teams change so randomly?

Growing up in MI it was 2 people on the radio side, and 2 people on the TV side.  Never changed.

Pretty much the same here in the Los Angeles area.

And where is Jim Palmer and Brown?  I watch via the MLB app on the Os network fyi. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Can someone familiar with the Baltimore baseball media/tv scene explain the announcing partners to me?

Why do the announcing teams change so randomly?

Growing up in MI it was 2 people on the radio side, and 2 people on the TV side.  Never changed.

Pretty much the same here in the Los Angeles area.

And where is Jim Palmer and Brown?  I watch via the MLB app on the Os network fyi. 

Just speculation on my part, but Palmer is just more of a part-timer. I don’t think he wants an extensive schedule, and I don’t think the O’s want to lose him. Palmer is the #1 color guy and Ben is the #2, even though Ben does more games and is just as well liked. The O’s cater to Palmer’s schedule.

Kevin Brown gets time off for his other endeavors. Tonight he’s doing the ESPN2 broadcast of Sunday Night Baseball. Similar to Palmer, if the O’s don’t want to lose Brown, they’re going to have to let him have a flexible schedule to accommodate his national broadcasts.

Edited by dzorange
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Geoff Arnold >>>>>> Kevin Brown 

I like Geoff Arnold, I think he’s a good fill in. But the more I listen to Brown the more I like him. I think Baltimore is lucky to have him as a play-by-play guy. I do think he’s on a path to becoming a prominent national broadcaster.

Edited by dzorange

2 minutes ago, dzorange said:

Just speculation on my part, but Palmer is just more of a part-timer. I don’t think he wants an extensive schedule, and I don’t think the O’s want to lose him. Palmer is the #1 color guy and Ben is the #2, even though Ben does more games and is just as well liked. The O’s cater to Palmer’s schedule.

Kevin Brown gets time off for his other endeavors. Tonight he’s doing the ESPN2 broadcast of Sunday Night Baseball. Similar to Palmer, if the O’s don’t want to lose Brown, they’re going to have to let him have a flexible schedule to accommodate his national broadcasts.

Appreciate it.  I really like the Palmer and Brown combo.  Have not heard it in a while.

1 minute ago, dzorange said:

I like Geoff Arnold, I think he’s a good fill in. But the more I listen to Brown the more I like him. I think Baltimore is lucky to have him as a play-by-play guy. I do think he’s on a path to becoming a prominent national broadcaster.

Yeah I don't understand the hate for Brown.   I grew up listening to Ernie Harwell and George Kell as play by play guys in MI.  And he is just as good.  I don't get the hate.

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Yeah I don't understand the hate for Brown.   I grew up listening to Ernie Harwell and George Kell as play by play guys in MI.  And he is just as good.  I don't get the hate.

I bet Ernie just could not shut up when he discovered that George didn’t know who Led Zeppelin was.