Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

17 minutes ago, cravens86 said:

Hasn’t be been on the radio recently though? What would the suspension be for? Just TV? Doesn’t the team own the contracts of the broadcasters which is why they are swapped every so often on tv and radio? This doesn’t make sense 

Maybe it’s a situation where they control MASN but not WBAL?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I can confirm this is true. 

Holy Nashville, Batman! 

Now, I am afraid of what will happen when the deals for Elias and SigBot3000(tm) are up. If any exec team has earned extensions and generous recompense, it's these guys.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Count me in as not buying it.   

Look, I get it.  Everyone hates John Angelos for the sins of his father, mostly.  It's not hard to paint him as a thin skinned idiot who only cares about money...in fact, it's a layup.  And quite frankly, I'm not sure why any of that, if true, matters.  I'm also not trying be an Angelos Apologist either when I say that, but whatever John has done (or hasn't done) pales in comparison to whatever PGA has done to tarnish this franchise.  

But suspending Brown -who I'm admittedly not a fan of- for a comment like this doesn't make sense.  It has nothing to do with Angelos himself, it only serves to show how well the team has come along in the previous two years.  

I think he's built himself up quite the resume to be disliked outside of just being Peter Angelos' spoiled, never accomplished anything but being a rich guy start. He's done one thing right so far. Hire Elias. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Maybe it’s a situation where they control MASN but not WBAL?

But the Orioles get to approve the announcers on WBAL. Not sure if they can change that mid year or at anytime. I am sure if a major infraction they can get rid of you right away. This doesn't seem to be one if it is the real reason.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well if we're comparing him to Jim Hunter, it's no question.  I think Brown is pretty average, I fail to see what makes him a darling to some around here.  

Yeah I find him kinda annoying to be honest.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wow.

Wow!

I mean, if that's true, and I don't have a reason to think this guy is making something up, that's just wow. 

I've been a bit critical of Brown this season for becoming an absolute homer with comments like , "Ohtani who?" and a couple of others where he sounded a bit too "in your face cocky," but if that's the comment that got him suspended, that is ridiculous. He just dropped facts.

No wonder the Orioles announcers have been so "rah, rah" at times this season. They probably all fear the Angelos reprisal for even the smallest of perceived injustices. Ridiculously embarrassing. 

Maybe Johnny Boy's wife is sweet on KB like she seems to be with Brach. 

• Upvote 2