Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

So stupid.

Brown is part of our A team. He's a pro and if you don't think he's our best option on any given night, listen to the other team's TV broadcast and you'll hear how lucky we've been.

There's got to be more to this, like an internal warning about process or some other operational BS, but I hate the fact that this is a thing. Jebus save us.

Just want to chime in and voice my appreciation for Kevin Brown. Baseball announcers matter since they're with you so many times per season, and the sport can certainly be slow at times. KB is someone who I look forward to seeing on the call. He mixes in real baseball insight like calling out the pitches, but he still defers to the color guys for their experience. Some of the jokes and puns he makes are corny, but it's fine because they're not particularly awkward or offensive, and I would rather someone try to lighten things up than be a stiff. He's young and will get better with the comedic relief. He also seems to have great rapport with the other announcers and brings out them best in them. And despite this fiasco, he clearly has a respect for the Orioles and their fans as a franchise.

Kevin, don't let this fool drive you out. The Orioles exist apart from the current ownership group.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

So this is the clip: 

It goes a lot further than the original quote. Still a stupid decision by JA obviously, but I can kinda squint and see why he didn't like this one.

I could squint until my eyes popped out onto the floor and I still couldn't understand what the problem is here.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Hopefully, the team doesn't get distracted by this nonsense during such a fun season.

This is why John needs to fade into the background and let some hired spokesman do the face of the Oriole functions.  

John is not good at talking to the media and not good at running the club day to day.  Why cant he figure that out?  He should just sign the checks and step back.  

10 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

This reminds me of the Duquette to Toronto crap.  Just when you think you’ve turned a page and that you are going in the right direction, you get Orioles’d.  

There was zippy wrong with holding Duquette to his contract unless the Blue Jays gave you something worthwhile. Letting him go for peanuts because Duquette wanted to be a turncoat doesn't shine negatively on the O's. It shines negatively on Duquette. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I'm 5'9 on a good day. I am not tall and I've never taken any issue with anyone who has tried to make fun of me for a lack of height because those folks are insecure in their own way. My point in making fun of his height is that he seems like he'd be very bothered by something as uncontrollable as his height. If the person that he in private is anything like who he is in public, I guarantee you that calling attention to his lack of height would bother him, which I'm all-for. 

I hear ya. Don't want to derail the thread any further. And I'm all for bothering Angelos. Just pointing out that it might offend others in the process.

13 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Well whatever the real/total story is, this has now gone internet wide. Even Roy's statement that it's true on OH is being cited as confirmation. I like K. B. and hope he returns. I am not a fan of Broch - his voice to me is like finger nails on a blackboard. Jim seems subdued since K. B. left. The thing that pisses me off most is we can't even have a great seaon without drama that in no way involves wins or loses. We have a great young team and farm system. But with this ownership family, you just never know what tomorrow will bring. Disgusting.

KB has nothing to do with Brach.  KB is a play by play guy and Brach is a color guy.  I think he’s been solid, more interesting than Devo anyway.