Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

What a bunch of people getting their panties upset !!   I have not seen ANY proof of a fact in this entire thread.  Third hand rumors by people who have no way of knowing anything are repeated and taken as facts. ............. As for that announcer, he was poor in my opinion. I don't think he added to the game- rather he was trying to interject his style and personality into it. He might have been asked to change his style, and caused an issue or pushbacked.  He does NOT have a entitled right to someone elses money and a paycheck.

Just stop. Stop it right now. 

9 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

So could Angelos/the Orioles.

And we've been over this.  Britt is extremely reliable.  Tony and Roy Firestone have reported on it.  The Athletic and ESPN have reported on it. Other broadcasters are talking about it.  Thjese people have sources...

Source are wrong.  Often.  And if the story originated from the same source, and that source is wrong, then the story is still wrong.

And I'm not saying the story is wrong, but I will say that it's too ridiculous for me to believe it's fully right.  Maybe there's a kernel of truth in there but there's more to it surrounding the kernel.

Like I said earlier, if the story is true, then Angelos truly needs mental help.  Not even joking.  

I suspect it will all come out over time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

"Reliable reporting"?  Could you please direct me to a quote by anyone who actually knows, and I'll withdraw my opinion with apologies.  In the meantime, I smell something else in the air.  Now, Brown could go public and clarify everything.  

You're one of those guys on twitter/X that says, "Until I know your sources I don't believe you!" 

That's not how any of this works. No one that is in the know, including Brown is going to openly discuss this situation. Everyone in this organization just saw that the smallest of perceived negative comments can be responded to by getting "suspended/not scheduled). 

46 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At this point, is there anyway the O’s can reinstate Brown and smooth this over?

The bigger this gets, the less likely it seems a possibility.

I know of the 8/11 date but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm out of market so I figure the game will be blacked out or on Apple TV anyway. :/

5 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Source are wrong.  Often.  And if the story originated from the same source, and that source is wrong, then the story is still wrong.

And I'm not saying the story is wrong, but I will say that it's too ridiculous for me to believe it's fully right.  Maybe there's a kernel of truth in there but there's more to it surrounding the kernel.

Like I said earlier, if the story is true, then Angelos truly needs mental help.  Not even joking.  

I suspect it will all come out over time.

I agree with everything you say here.  Fair points. 

• Upvote 1

Well, yesterday sure wasn't another dull off day. This group of young Oriole players busting their ass to change this franchise for now and the future doesn't deserve this. This has no good ending. Thanks for putting salt in my cool-aid. Just when I think/hope we are on an upward trajectory, there comes a reminder of who is behind the control screen.

9 minutes ago, AdamK said:

The bigger this gets, the less likely it seems a possibility.

I know of the 8/11 date but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm out of market so I figure the game will be blacked out or on Apple TV anyway. :/

It should really be tonight. Of course 8/11 is when they start the long west coast trip. You know when most fans are asleep when the O's play

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Millennial here who remembers the Johnny Miller firing, and the really good 90’s O’s teams….bc we’re 40.

Millennials, older then you think 😂😂😂

I also love Kevin brown, probably in part because his references make sense to me 

I'm on the cusp of both and agree. Miller was the sound of baseball to be when my fandom was galvanized. Then he disappeared while I was distracted by girls, summer jobs, etc. Never knew why and time passes.

I loved Gary. Guess I like the voice and cadence of both he and Miller as much as the content. Brown falls in with those two in that way to me... He sounds the part PLUS I like the content and what others have been critical of I don't get bothered with.

I don't want to lose Brown. He adds so much value to my time spent watching from here. Good ones are not everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Can someone sum this up for me?  At work and don't have audio capability currently.