The Free Kevin Brown episode. World Champ Houston Astros in town

Gurgi

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Frazier would have needed even more range than that to field that one from where he’s positioned tonight.

I’m sure his OAA went down 2 runs on that play, though…

Second base isn't what it used to be with the new shift rules. It takes some actual range now.

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Wasnt there some guy in the 20's or 30's that threw back to back no hitters?

Johnny Van Der Meer, (sic). I think one of those no-nos, he had 11 or so walks! But still unrivaled. 

Vander Meer

Edited by NashLumber
spelling of pitcher

1 minute ago, brucewayne said:

Well, quite a few posters want Holliday to shift to LF. Not like there is an obvious solution to our 2B range issues. 

I actually agree with this. 2B isn't a dead-end landing spot anymore. It's especially appealing if you have good left-side infielders and a tweener like Holliday. Can turn 2B into a strength.

• Upvote 1

Interesting inning for GRod there.

The missed strike on Altuve changed that at bat and that inning in a lot of ways. Should have been a 2-2 count and instead it went 3-1.

Then he could miss a bat or get Bregman to go fishing. Didn’t make bad pitches, Bregman was just tough.

Didnt really throw  competitive pitch to Alvarez except the one inside pitch that was borderline. 

Tucker with a ground ball that found a hole and then a sac fly.

Wasnt really an awful inNing and the one missed call really hurt. He has to be better about missing bats in big moments against the better hitters. With his stuff, that shouldn’t be an issue.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

I actually agree with this. 2B isn't a dead-end landing spot anymore. It's especially appealing if you have good left-side infielders and a tweener like Holliday. Can turn 2B into a strength.

Actually believe Holliday is the long term 2B here. Just my opinion. Position seems to fit him like a glove. 

• Upvote 1

Houston shouldn't be taken lightly. They got Altuve back and now they got Verlander and some of their pitchers back. Plus they upgraded at 1st base.

They're going to be a dangerous team down the stretch with their talent. It took them half a season, but they're essentially the same team that won the world series last season.

• Upvote 1

Is Westburg actually limited in range or is it just based on visuals of games in the majors?  Is their any stats on it?  Not saying he doesnt have bad range I just actually want to know if their is some data saying it.