MLB Pipeline Farm Rankings 1-30

Roll Tide

This is the first time any organization has been in the top spot for five straight rankings, dating back to that 2021 midseason re-rank. Sure, Gunnar Henderson and Grayson Rodriguez have graduated off, but Holliday is an exciting No. 1 overall prospect and they’ve had several guys step up and perform well to jump up the Top 100 as well.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-pipeline-2023-midseason-system-rankings?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage&partnerId=zh-20230816-1003656-mlb-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20230816-1003656-mlb-1-A&bt_ee=PbBssaIBp3Eu2qe5ZXCe3NP3p9ywzPKZcYstZm8C4zCyzwBTNCTXSm7jBiuTCqHE&bt_ts=1692191885805

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I am trying to enjoy the level of talent the O's have in the system but I have to be honest. They've been so bad at scouting/PD for so long that I am not sure I completely understand and appreciate how good the current system is actually. 

Here's what I said/contextualized it in a similar thread on the Minor league board: 

Looking at these lists in context of where other teams are is every bit as valuable as the guys on the list.

Our lowest ranked top 100 prospect is ranked 54 (Ortiz).  

He would be the #1 prospect in 5 orgs.  Astros, Royals, Braves, Marlins, and Yikees.  Obviously, those teams are all over the map regarding other org strengths (MLB rosters, fiscal,...).  Other than the Royals, the rest are competitors to some degree.

He would be the #2 prospect in 6 orgs.  Angels, A's, Blue Jays, White Sox, Guardians, and Mets.  A bit of a grab bag here.  

He would be the #3 prospect in 13 orgs.  Phillies, Cards, M's, Rockies, Red Sox, Giants, Tigers, D'backs, Rangers, Padres, LAD, Reds, and Cubs.

He would be 4th and final on the Rays

Not including other Oriole prospects, he's the 7th highest AL East prospect.