Arm injury for Bautista?

Sports Guy

4 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Cleveland is a small market team. What is JA's excuse to do nothing to help the team???

I don't know how he thinks he can spend nothing and get away with it?

According to Roch we submitted claims. I didn’t realize the same team could end up with a bunch of waiver guys on the same day. At least these guys didn’t end up on the Rays.

4 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Cleveland is a small market team. What is JA's excuse to do nothing to help the team???

I don't know how he thinks he can spend nothing and get away with it?

What do you think will happen to him? Is a lightning bolt going to strike him if he doesn't spend?

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I am happy you are happy with Angelos. I hear a lot people here complaining about him.  If nobody complains, I won't either.

I bash him all the time ..but you must not understand how waivers work.. it doesn’t matter if Angelos would spend 50 million, the player was picked by CLEVELAND!! 

4 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I am happy you are happy with Angelos. I hear a lot people here complaining about him.  If nobody complains, I won't either.

It’s got nothing to do with being happy with Angelos.  In this instance, he had nothing to do with the fact that we never got the chance to pick the players we would have liked to select from the waiver wire.  Cleveland and numerous other teams had the right to make claims ahead of us, and they did.   Nothing anyone can do about that.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It’s got nothing to do with being happy with Angelos.  In this instance, he had nothing to do with the fact that we never got the chance to pick the players we would have liked to select from the waiver wire.  Cleveland and numerous other teams had the right to make claims ahead of us, and they did.   Nothing anyone can do about that.  

OK, I understand now.  The new CBA is confusing.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From Roch

Will we ever find out about Félix Bautista’s prognosis? What's the plan, Stan?
No need to be coy, Roy. The Orioles could provide an update this weekend or next week during the road trip. Just keep bracing for the worst and hope to be surprised. Like I used to tell every woman I dated.

Edited by Roll Tide

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Actually, you could argue that Angelos' lack of investment in player payroll was a sincere attempt to make the team's record worse so that they could move up in the waiver order and acquire these players, but it just didn't work out this time.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I'm reasonably certain that this aspect of the waiver process has been the same since the 1800s.

Edit: While the waiver process was first invented in 1885, it appears that the reverse order of claims by record was instituted in 1921. Reference: section 13.3.2 from Peter Morris' A Game of Inches. Prior to this there were varying ways to determine where the player ended up if claimed by multiple teams, including letting the player choose.

Also, prior to about 1950 waivers only applied to the league the player was in. So if the Browns waived a player it went through the AL in reverse order and if not claimed he became a free agent, and only then an NL team could sign him.

Edited by DrungoHazewood