Wednesday afternoon August 30: Orioles try to cap spectacular month with sweep of White Sox

SteveA

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

derpy derpy derpy derp derp derp I'm Mateo and I'm gonna get on base and omg look at me I made it to a base derp derp derp derp derpy derp derp oh look at me I'm gonna get picked off derp derp derp

Really tho, I don't think that's how it goes at all.   He tries too hard, thinks too much, wants to prove too much.  Gets himself into trouble taking risks to prove stuff where just being himself would be a lot more effective.  The more pressure from possibly losing his job and having his only value now being his ability to steal bases, the more likely he's going to overthink and over-risk and commit this type of mental gaffe, imo. 

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Really tho, I don't think that's how it goes at all.   He tries too hard, thinks too much, wants to prove too much.  Gets himself into trouble taking risks to prove stuff where just being himself would be a lot more effective.  The more pressure from possibly losing his job and having his only value now being his ability to steal bases, the more likely he's going to overthink and over-risk and commit this type of mental gaffe, imo. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.  

Maybe he's just not good.  I feel bad for saying that because I really enjoyed watching him play last year and by all accounts he's a great teammate.  But he's not long for this team.  Whether or not he's pressing too much is only known by him but the results are what matter.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  

Maybe he's just not good.  I feel bad for saying that because I really enjoyed watching him play last year and by all accounts he's a great teammate.  But he's not long for this team.  Whether or not he's pressing too much is only known by him but the results are what matter.

I've watched enough baseball to know Mateo just isnt very good.