Pay the Man!

Dipper9

Is Orlando Hudson's status still holding this up? I've heard of no particular interest in Hudson this winter from anyone. It's really incredible.

Check that. I think the Nats have interest.

Jayson Stark of ESPN, predicts Hudson will end up with a 1 year contract...

On the Hudson: Meanwhile, Cruz's old teammate in Arizona, Orlando Hudson, is having Type A issues of his own. Hudson started out the winter looking for a five-year deal, at $9-10 million a year, and telling everyone he wanted to play in New York. Now, neither the Yankees nor Mets have pursued him, and he's probably looking at a one-year contract with either the Nationals or Dodgers. The Diamondbacks have moved on, signing Felipe Lopez to play second. But they do have some interest in bringing back Cruz in the right deal.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the person who's holding up the process is probably BRob himself. I, and quite a few others, believe that he's waiting to see what Hudson signs for to see if he gains any leverage. I think he's going to be disappointed to find that AM's current offer is quite fair in this market. If he can squeeze out an option year in addition to the current 3/30 I would consider that a victory if I were him.

Most logical, and probably correct. Unfortunetly, Hudson is in the same boat with a lot of 'economy" challanged FA players, who are asking "why me?".

The someone holding this up, as another poster said, might well be Roberts. He says the right things and offers the platitudes when on Ms. Miami's show and others, but I pick up on the thanks but no thanks undertone when Roberts talks about the contract.

If he doesn't want to extend, why not say so and ask to be moved? Why play another season in a city you don't want to stay in? I'm sure AM could move Roberts without a lot of trouble.

Well, truth be told, Mora had one hell of a season last year for an "old" guy. If Roberts gives us that production at the end of his contract, I'd be ecstatic!

I said it for Mora, and I'll say it again for BRob....Pay the Man!

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

Is Orlando Hudson's status still holding this up? I've heard of no particular interest in Hudson this winter from anyone. It's really incredible.

Check that. I think the Nats have interest.

If I'm a team that has a decent chance of contending, and Hudson would up grade my 2nd base slot, I'm countering any offer the Gnats make.

Maybe that's just what his agent is counting on. This might come down to the final click of the clock. YUK!!!

Its about time somebody said this! No more trade talk. No more bickering over a few million either way. If Roberts wants to stay for 4 more years, then Pay the Man! The Fans (most of us, anyway...no disrespect SG) want it. His teammates want it. MacPhail and Trembley seem to want it. Cindy definitely wants it. So if BRob truly wants to extend here, its time to stop fiddle farting around, get it done, and PAY the MAN!

No thank you.

Its about time somebody said this! No more trade talk. No more bickering over a few million either way. If Roberts wants to stay for 4 more years, then Pay the Man! The Fans (most of us, anyway...no disrespect SG) want it. His teammates want it. MacPhail and Trembley seem to want it. Cindy definitely wants it. So if BRob truly wants to extend here, its time to stop fiddle farting around, get it done, and PAY the MAN!

I agree.

He's been good to the franchise during all these bad years. This is no time to give up on him, now that things appear to be turning around.

Oh right, I forgot, he's 30, and will now instantly suck! :rolleyes: Better to get rid of him for pennies on the dollar than to make him a career Bird!

Four years on top of his current remaining year is not a good risk. I don't think this puts me in some "30 is the new 80" club, it's just not something I want to happen.

Rewarding people for past performance and for community and leadership intangibles is not a good idea when you have a relatively limited budget.

I agree with Dip. Sign the man. I also believe the extension gets done before Opening Day.

I sure hope so. I agree that Roberts should be extended as well. From what I have heard, we can't get enough back to make up for the huge void he would leave in our team. I'm not for giving him more than 4 years, but think that 4 would be enough to get it done.

Archived