Wednesday, September 6: Orioles go for sweep in last West Coast game of regular season

SteveA

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe, I'm wrong but I don't think the value received in a trade would be worth it to trade Santander. Keep him until free agency and then reevaluate.

That's where I'm at as well. Good chance he turns down QO and we get a draft pick worth as much as anything we would get in trade

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Some owners spend and want to win (Mets, Padres, Phillies). Some are more interested in making money (Rays, Guardians, etc). If Rubenstein is a profits based owner (has to make money year after year like JA) vs an investment style o lever (accepts some years May come with a loss or small net gain) then we (the fans) will be screwed. We will be akin to the Rays who are content with being “good”. But they are never willing to do what it takes to be good enough. I hope Rubenstein and everyone associated with the business or the Orioles paid a lot of attention to all of the empty seats for playoff games. That is evidence of a fanbase/market place who is not fully engaged.  The onus is on the Orioles to give people a compelling reason to come out and spend money especially in this economy. And it cannot just be hey look we have a winning team. The franchise must do more including investing in the on field product (in terms of committed dollars like every other serious franchise who is trying to win a championship).
    • My recollection is that MLB has rules about how much debt teams are allowed to take on and how much money owners are allowed to infuse into their franchises.   They supposedly won't approve contracts if they think a contract will cause them to exceed these thresholds.
    • Yeah like Tony T but Tony has the ability to foul pitches at will.  I want Cowser to be more like @waroriole’s Rob Refsnyder and Holliday to be Steven Kwan.  Is that too much to ask of number one picks?  But I love Cowser and most of everything he brings. 
    • I can't say The Wall gives me all warm fuzzies but it doesn't swing at pitches a foot outside the zone or take a meatball right down the middle of the plate. It doesn't fail to move a runner over or lay down a decent sacrifice bunt. I've never seen it fail to get a hit with a runner in scoring position. At some point The Wall will probably be modified some but you build your team to play best in their home ball park. It's called home field advantage. IMO, Westy is the best right handed bat we have right now for this park. We need someone else like Westy that plays outfield. Bregman would be nice but I don't see it because of Westy and I have hopes Holliday becomes the OBP lead off hitter we need. Note - I'm still pissed but it's getting better. I think I'll live for another season.
    • I’d like to see a study showing that team spending is more closely correlated to owner net worth than team revenue.  There are rare instances where a team owner will subsidize spending (e.g., Cohen) but that’s the exception not the rule - and note that Cohen owns 97% of the Mets vs a much lower % for Rubinstein.  Rubinstein has already been explicit that he is not in this to lose money. 
    • Cowser’s  swing decisions are determined before the pitch is even thrown. And I’ve been saying this all year, and I even said this at the game. I go it’s too early to pinch it for him because his defense is too good but he is 100% going to strike out and that’s exactly what he did with bases loaded. He decides whether he is going to swing a pitch before even thrown This is why he swings at a pitch thrown pretty close to his face . And To be fair, he  had a pretty good season doing that but obviously can be  easily exploited
    • Cowser's progress was one of the more encouraging elements this season, especially on the defensive side. I was already crediting him with being Some Kind of Good major leaguer a post back. Between his and Adley's standout bad performances on the HBP and 2-0 count, I give Cowser more of a grace.     Sure he had predetermined intent to swing, but I think the follow through was some raw instinct as hand bones fractured. Adley not swinging was the lowlight how incapacitated he was.    I believe he commands the strike zone, but to feel so low you can't pull the trigger in that spot...sheesh.
  • Popular Contributors