Celebrate the playoff clinch?

Winning_Season

I say No! 

A little bit more of a celebration beyond the standard handshake line after a win is fine. But no dogpile, no champagne in the locker room, and no wearing gear (not sure if the team has a choice about that for $$ reasons).

This team is in position to win the division, keep the eye on the prize and lets have a big celebration when that happens.

4 hours ago, Winning_Season said:

I say No! 

A little bit more of a celebration beyond the standard handshake line after a win is fine. But no dogpile, no champagne in the locker room, and no wearing gear (not sure if the team has a choice about that for $$ reasons).

This team is in position to win the division, keep the eye on the prize and lets have a big celebration when that happens.

I disagree. Life is short, nothing is promised. Celebrate wins when you can get them, and making the post-season is very much a win.

• Upvote 3

As long as this will not impact tomorrow's game. I am divided here, it's a significant accomplishment to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 years (more like 9 years because 2016 was a play-in game). But on the other hand, there's a division to be won. As I said, if this celebration affects the team tomorrow, it was a mistake.

Of course they should celebrate and it’s ridiculous to suggest they shouldn’t. I don’t know what people’s problem is sometimes, like they just refuse to be happy with anything short of the World Series. To each their own bit I had a blast watching those players have a blast in the locker room. A very much earned celebration. 

You can acknowledge AND CELEBRATE this as a huge moment for the team and franchise, and also acknowledge that there is work to do. You can do both, it’s OK. And if they lose in Houston tomorrow, it will be because Houston is a good team, not because they took an extra hour after the game to douse each other in champagne. 

• Upvote 3

Our guys have certainly earned the right to celebrate after the super season they are concluding, after almost no one expected it from them.   I would expect champagne + if I were in their shoes.  Their own upper management did not even bolster the team at the trade deadline like they should have, since they were showing exceptional grit in their  work on the field at that time.  They are adults and as such the burden is on them  to celebrate within restraints.  If they do not win another game this season, they already have had a season to remember.