6-6 will force tampa to go 9-2 to take the division

ace20251

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s what irks me right now.  They do a power ranking every week where they put the teams in tiers.  As of Monday, the O’s are in Tier 3.  Tier 3!  Are you frigging kidding me?   Give me a break!  The team has played one of the toughest schedules of any team, has the second best record in the sport, just won the season series with Tampa rather handily, and they’re in Tier effing 3?   Meanwhile, Tampa (5-8 against the Orioles and 2 games behind when the list was done) are in Tier 1, and Toronto (3-10 against the O’s and 10.5 games behind) are in Tier 2.  That’s inexcusable.  
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/fangraphs-power-rankings-september-11-17/

Yeah, well, they want to look like they're the smartest guys in the room.  They want clicks, and here we are, bitching about how the Orioles are in Tier 3 while the two other teams are in Tier 2.  And yeah, I clicked on it.  

I don't like Fangraphs.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s what irks me right now.  They do a power ranking every week where they put the teams in tiers.  As of Monday, the O’s are in Tier 3.  Tier 3!  Are you frigging kidding me?   Give me a break!  The team has played one of the toughest schedules of any team, has the second best record in the sport, just won the season series with Tampa rather handily, and they’re in Tier effing 3?   Meanwhile, Tampa (5-8 against the Orioles and 2 games behind when the list was done) are in Tier 1, and Toronto (3-10 against the O’s and 10.5 games behind) are in Tier 2.  That’s inexcusable.  

I wasn't aware of that clown site. I will keep checking in case the Orioles end up with the best record in MLB.

I wasn't aware of that clown site. I will keep checking in case the Orioles end up with the best record in MLB.

But don’t dare accuse them of bias lest you want the wrath of the nerd brigade to jump down your throat. 

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, well, they want to look like they're the smartest guys in the room.  They want clicks, and here we are, bitching about how the Orioles are in Tier 3 while the two other teams are in Tier 2.  And yeah, I clicked on it.  

I don't like Fangraphs.

Fangraphs has to be trolling Orioles fans at this point they still have the Rays ahead of the Orioles in the standings.

It amuses me at this point.

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

image.thumb.png.37583a54aac024edc4d5d7838937fccc.png

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't like Fangraphs.

If they want to look like the smartest guys in the room then they should start by reading what they write and pull their heads out of their respective butts.  In their write-up for Tier 1 they called the O's and Rays "The two best teams in the AL..."  So that really means TB is Tier 1, O's Tier 3 and Tier 2 has three AL teams (out of four)?  Got it.   They explain their ranking system's methodology, but all they seem to do is underscore its deficiencies.  They deserve to be laughed at.

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

If they want to look like the smartest guys in the room then they should start by reading what they write and pull their heads out of their respective butts.  In their write-up for Tier 1 they called the O's and Rays "The two best teams in the AL..."  So that really means TB is Tier 1, O's Tier 3 and Tier 2 has three AL teams (out of four)?  Got it.   They explain their ranking system's methodology, but all they seem to do is underscore its deficiencies.  They deserve to be laughed at.

No, they have their little WHIPS, DIPS, and tortilla CHIPS metrics that they can't make decisions without.  So the Orioles might be outplaying some of the metrics, whatever, they're the best team in the league by win/loss record which is the ultimate metric at the end of the day that they don't seem to care about.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

I hate that we're going to have to root for the Blue Jays so much down the stretch. I would really rather they missed the playoffs and the West got three teams in.

I want the Blue Jays in!  We own them this year.  Texas, Seattle, and Houston are all tougher I believe.  Any matchup is going to be a challenge.  They just need to keep doing what they've been doing all season.  Attention to detail, aggressive and doing the small things well. 

11 minutes ago, dystopia said:

The format makes no sense. Why not have the 5th and 6th seeds (last two WCs) play each other, then have the 1 seed face the winner? Then have the 2 seed face the winner of the 3/4 series. 

That's the way brackets work. 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3. So, your 1st round match up where you have 3, 4, 5, 6, the 3 seeds gets the easiest road, so they play the 6. Winner plays 2 since we're assuming 3 wins.

The issue here is the 2nd best team, the true 2 seed, is in the same division as the 1.