More Angelos as the fly in the ointment content

Yardball85

58 minutes ago, owknows said:

He's actually employing Elias to enact the strategy I told you I thought he was. And I don't even think it's a bad idea.

Tank... stock the farm... Get the high production years... Trade them in ARB.. Restock the farm... Repeat.

Repeat... preferably without the tanking.

His problem is he seems a little too dull witted and/or narcissistic to shut up and go about his business.

I don't disagree with your overall post, but I think a strategy akin to what the Braves are doing  extending your talented players while they are still relatively cheap, especially when they could be generational-type players (i.e. Henderson). 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s going to sabotage this franchise.

Yep.  I know I should just let it go but I can't help it.  His idiocy is taking some shine off what we're seeing on the field and it sucks.  I'm watching these kids and keep thinking how they'll be gone in 5 years.  It makes it tough to get attached to them.  This is the team of Brooks and Cal and beloved franchise players and we won't see that again until this POS sells the team.

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Yep.  I know I should just let it go but I can't help it.  His idiocy is taking some shine off what we're seeing on the field and it sucks.  I'm watching these kids and keep thinking how they'll be gone in 5 years.  It makes it tough to get attached to them.  This is the team of Brooks and Cal and beloved franchise players and we won't see that again until this POS sells the team.

He's just so incredibly awful. 

• Upvote 1

I read the article, it seems they are doing an analysis on the NYT article but Angelos was not available for comment when the Sun reached out to him. Is that incorrect?

He didn't do another interview rehashing the same stupid things he said to the NYT that I can see. (I'm not defending him, he's horrible, but I think they are just talking about an old article that we've already lamented over).

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

It's not even that big a deal from a financial risk standpoint. They are just going to void the contract. They will be out maybe $3M vs what they would have paid him in pre arb money. 

Can you name any contract that was successfully voided?

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

I read the article, it seems they are doing an analysis on the NYT article but Angelos was not available for comment when the Sun reached out to him. Is that incorrect?

He didn't do another interview rehashing the same stupid things he said to the NYT that I can see. (I'm not defending him, he's horrible, but I think they are just talking about an old article that we've already lamented over).

Yes, he would not comment for the article.  The Orioles always have no comment. We heard you are getting a new vendor,the Sun sign is coming off the scoreboard, we heard Dempseys is leaving, etc,etc.. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Yes, he would not comment for the article.  The Orioles always have no comment. We heard you are getting a new vendor,the Sun sign is coming off the scoreboard, we heard Dempseys is leaving, etc,etc.. 

Okay, thanks, was just making sure. I wanted to be upset that he said the same thing again to a different paper, but they are just rehashing stuff so no reason for me to.

8 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Can you name any contract that was successfully voided?

I had thought from the Franco threads the consensus was it could or would be voided under the morals clause in every contract. From what I am seeing, it would be close to unprecedented, but then again, so would be the crime. Lamar Hoyt had his contract voided for drug trafficking, but was eventually reinstated after the union appealed. Would the union appeal for a sex crime with a minor? Could get ugly. 

Bauer's contract was not voided but he wasn't paid while under suspension. Could MLB give Franco a lifetime suspension? The contract might not be voided but Tampa wouldn't have to pay. 

53 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I don't disagree with your overall post, but I think a strategy akin to what the Braves are doing  extending your talented players while they are still relatively cheap, especially when they could be generational-type players (i.e. Henderson). 

Boras is against "snuff contracts" Which he defines as locking up young players to "snuff" out their ability to make what they would in FA. I doubt Gunnar is taking an Acuna-type deal.