Friday, September 22: Orioles face Guardians and Shane Bieber (just off the IL)

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Getting to hear Jason Benetti, Carlos Pena and Kirk Gibson some of the afternoon was a treat. It was new to me earlier this year Gibson is still broadcasting almost a decade after his Parkinson's diagnosis...good for him. Benetti dumping the White Sox for the Tigers gives me some Miller to San Francisco vibes...he is excellent. Baseball as entertainment - it is wonderful that Carlos Pena, literally the player pushed aside so Scott Hatteberg could play offense more efficiently, has become a strong SABR-oriented analyst.
    • I don't think the rookies get to pick what the wear.  I 100% am sure the vets are picking these outfits.  
    • I’d be shocked if the O’s do better than 2-4, and I’m half expecting them to go 1-5.
    • Worst female impersonator ever!
    • I watched the inning where the Tigers scored their 2 runs.  Our friend Meadows had two check swings that easily could have been called strikes, but instead he walked to load the bases.  Carpenter popped out but then Perez had an insane at-bat where he fouled off a ton of pitches, wasn't fooled by anything, and then delivered a bases loaded double which proved to be the difference. Our guys would likely have whiffed on just about every pitch in those at-bats, but their guys have a crazy amount of confidence right now and it has served them very well.   I do think they have a good chance of winning out and ending with 88 just based on who they play, which means we have to go 3-3 this week or we are out of the 4 spot.  Hopefully their luck will finally run out against us (assuming we can win enough to get in), but if it doesn't, I would love to see them knock out the Yankees.
    • If they played baseball another month maybe. Elias has been pretty much no comment on anything other than time is not on his. His last Lat issues had him control problems ( I Believe ) when he first came back. I'm just happy to have the others back.
    • 6 games left, they haven’t won more than one game in a series since the beginning of the month (against the White Sox for context). I see no reason to think they’ll do any better than 2-4 for remainder of the season.    Plus, i said it “feels” like. It’s an emotional response, not an analytical one. I’m going off the premise that they’ve been an absolute mess for quite a while and a playoff spot seems like a weird place to be for a team that’s played .400 ball since the All Star Break.  They could sweep the rest of the season, who knows? Just saying it feels bleak. 
  • Popular Contributors