ALDS First Pitch - game start time

springglen

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Sunday won't be 1.   Fox has a ton of 1pm NFL games, they won't air baseball on FS1 against their own NFL games.

Also, the Ravens play at 1.   If Fox won't put Texas opposite Dallas, why would they put the Orioles opposite the Ravens?

We'll be in that 4pm time slot.

Yeah, 3, 4(if nec), and 5 (if nec) might ALL be in the 4pm time slot unless the Astros series ends before ours.

Fox has 2 baseball games to air Sunday- both ALCS.  One in Baltimore and one in Houston.  No NLCS games that day.  I'm assuming they will stagger them with likely Baltimore first around 3:30 then Houston at 7.  Not sure if cable schedule shows anything blocked off at this time, but since they already know where games are, gotta figure probably know timing.

I am seriously annoyed that mlb.tv no longer carries the postseason like they used to. As an out-of-country viewer it means I need to stream it from FS1 or Fox, which I assume also means I have to watch it live (whereas on mlb.tv you can watch any ongoing or finished game from the beginning without any spoilers). I’m traveling Saturday and will likely miss the first few hours. 

22 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I am seriously annoyed that mlb.tv no longer carries the postseason like they used to. As an out-of-country viewer it means I need to stream it from FS1 or Fox, which I assume also means I have to watch it live (whereas on mlb.tv you can watch any ongoing or finished game from the beginning without any spoilers). I’m traveling Saturday and will likely miss the first few hours. 

Sure about MLB.TV not carrying postseason? 🥶

Quote from MLB.TV page: "MLB.TV Postseason Package: Live games available internationally (excluding Canada). Archives available 90 minutes after the game."

As european viewer, am i missing something ... ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nightbird said:

Sure about MLB.TV not carrying postseason? 🥶

Quote from MLB.TV page: "MLB.TV Postseason Package: Live games available internationally (excluding Canada). Archives available 90 minutes after the game."

As european viewer, am i missing something ... ?

Thank you! I swear last year this was not an option (not to watch live, at least), so I just purchased the package. Okay, still aggravating that they kept the price the same for the annual subscription but removed the postseason, but at least now I don’t have to miss a pitch. 

Give that fan a contract!

11 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

I'm in the similar boat. If they play early, I can catch most of it, but probably the last inning or so between soundcheck and our 8pm gig. If it's a 7pm game, I can only see a few innings and can maybe pause it on my phone or iPad and watch while the closing band plays ;) The game, if needed, on the 13th is one I will have to watch when it's over due to more gigs. 

I would be shocked if we don't have the 1:05 game on Saturday.

As far as Sunday goes, Fox 1 already has the times listed but not the matchups.  Looks like either 4:05 or 8:05 game time.  I would expect it to be 4:05 because the Rangers if they win wouldn't go against the Cowboys game that night.  If Tampa wins, I don't see the O's - Tampa matchup being the primetime game. 

8 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

I would be shocked if we don't have the 1:05 game on Saturday.

As far as Sunday goes, Fox 1 already has the times listed but not the matchups.  Looks like either 4:05 or 8:05 game time.  I would expect it to be 4:05 because the Rangers if they win wouldn't go against the Cowboys game that night.  If Tampa wins, I don't see the O's - Tampa matchup being the primetime game. 

There is no 1:05 game on Saturday on Fox. Fox has the ALDS. They have college football on at 12 on both Fox and FS1. Playoffs are on after that.

I assumed the 1:00 start too…until I saw that. The TV contract doesn’t care about the parking issue in Baltimore because of a concert.

Astros vs Min or Tor isn’t exactly a ratings boom either.  I hope the Os are the 4:00 game that day though.

Edited by Sports Guy

On 10/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, SteveA said:

Weren't those almost always on weekdays?

Last year the season was extended 3 days and ended on a Wednesday due to the lockout.   So the wildcard series was Fri-Sat-Sun and the division series started on weekdays.

Before that, the season ended on a Sunday in the vast majority of years, and there was one wild card game in each league, usually Tuesday and Wednesday, and the division series started on Thursday and Friday.

There may have been some exception years in there, but starting the division series on a Saturday seems pretty unique.   Also I believe most years they staggered the AL and NL to start on different days, so there were only 2 games each day, so you didn't need an early time slot as much for division series game 1.   This year the staggering is done by , oddly, giving the NL an off day after game 1 but not for travel after game 2.   So there are 4 game 1's on Saturday which to me makes one of them being early more likely.

Anyway, I don't think 3:07 is feasible.   

Someone must know... have the Ravens been selling parking passes along with tickets to the concert?   And did the Orioles sell parking passes for Game 1?   If the answer to both those questions is yes, then you know there's a problem.   Certainly both teams use lots A, B, C, and F.   And the Orioles usually use D, G, and H for big crowds.   I don't know the crowd expected for the concert but I'm sure they need most of those lots too.

The Os sold parking passes - I have one for Saturday’s game.

They sold them as F/G/H passes.

*Not* looking forward to a cold rainy game if it’s starting at 1, but you take what you get!

11 minutes ago, justD said:

The Os sold parking passes - I have one for Saturday’s game but had such good success with the Light Rail last Saturday that I probably won’t use it.

They sold them as F/G/H passes.

*Not* looking forward to a cold rainy game if it’s starting at 1, but you take what you get!

I’ll buy your pass for Saturday if you aren’t using it. (And need to get rid of it)