Rays-Rangers ALWC series

Just Regular

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

I would have been furious if we signed deGrom for 185M dollars. I also never complain that they don't spend money. It would be nice if they'd lock up some of the young guys, but that's not a thing for this team.

Eh, that wouldn’t have been my favorite move but I wouldn’t fault them for going for it. deGrom is a walking TJ surgery waiting to happen but that contract shouldn’t cripple a franchise.   

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eh, that wouldn’t have been my favorite move but I wouldn’t fault them for going for it. deGrom is a walking TJ surgery waiting to happen but that contract shouldn’t cripple a franchise.   

He's a walking injury, not even just the TJ. Would have been a bad contract I believe for any team.

16 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

And that clown Gausmann.  Hate him. 

He made a snarky comment or two about his time with the Orioles....but that is understandable considering he came up during the era where top O's pitching prospects failed every time.  Our pitching development was pure dog crap for most of the 2010's.  I give him kudos for surviving that era and signing a big FA contract.

Edited by yark14
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I thought caring about how your division/league/conference does is purely a college thing. 

Does anyone think any less of the AL East because of this?

No it’s a SSS just saying, the Rays were barely competitive and Jays bats went silent. But the Twins can pitch.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• No…no one is good. Coloumbe is our best guy but he’s out. Btw, the first batter has a 514 OPs vs Kimbrel, so I think the first batter thing is in your head.
    • I couldn't watch the last inning. Was sure Kimbrel didn't have two in a row in him. Glad I was wrong but it got a little dicey. We need pen help this year - particularly for the late innings. Elias has all off season to construct next year's pen around I HOPE a healthy Mountain. My opinion, for next year I'd rather spend on starting pitching and extentions if possible, than bring Kimbrel back.
    • I hadn't realized how well he has turned his season around.  Interestingly, he's done it without striking out a prodigious number of guys (9.6 and 9.8 K/9 the last two months).  I do think he's a credible target at this point.
    • Ha. I agree, the other options aren't good. I'm just thinking... whoever pitched the 8th, leave them in for the leadoff guy? 
    • Did you not notice the part where Scott’s walks keep trending down this year after a terrible start?    14 walks in his last 30 IP.   5 walks in his last 16.   Very similar to last year as he got better and better. As far as the cost, I wouldn’t do Povich but I would probably do Bradfield.   With Cowser’s ability to play CF plus the emergence of Etzel (playing CF more and more at Bowie even with Fabian there), plus Bradfields ok not great season-to-date. I have no idea if Scott can be had for less or if another team bids more.  
    • Cano?  WTF? There is no one else better than Kimbrel in this current pen. In fact, no one is even close imo.
    • I’ve never heard a louder stadium than when I was in Houston for the 9 inning rally last week. Indoors so the noise was trapped. It was pandemonium. 
  • Popular Contributors