Do You Prefer Texas or Tampa Bay?

Uli2001

I get some Royals 2014 vibes from the Rays. I know the Orioles won the season series, but if it is the Rays the key will be roughing up their starters before the Rays can hand off a lead to their bullpen.

I'd prefer the Rangers, but the Orioles have proven they can hang with the Rays. Plus I don't give the Rangers much of a chance against the Rays in the wild card.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

Thank goodness for Texas’s choke job last weekend. Being on the same side of the bracket as both Tampa and Houston would have been the worst case scenario. 

Would it?

Now we may very well have to play both of them (TB in ALDS and HOU in ALCS). If they were both on our side of the bracket, that means one of them would have to eliminate the other before getting to us.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Minnesota has some pitching though. 

They have the worst record of any AL playoff team. We have the best. How is it that the #1 record doesn't have a chance to play the #6 record until the ALCS?

I understand that MLB wants to reward division winners. But there is a potential argument for seeding teams isn't there? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jcaponio said:

Thank goodness for Texas’s choke job last weekend. Being on the same side of the bracket as both Tampa and Houston would have been the worst case scenario. 

One of them would have already been eliminated though by the ALDS. The playoffs are unpredictable, but good odds the road to the World Series includes having to beat the Rays and Astros.

The Orioles are capable of winning against both, but I’m not going to pretend my preference isn’t for the easiest possible bracket. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s