What I'm looking for

AdamK

It's been a memorable season. And like Lewis Black said it on social media, this summer has been a gift to us - no matter what.

Here's a few things I'm looking forward from this team this weekend:

• What adjustments will we see now that the stakes are sky high? Our manager, coaches and analytics teams have proven to be well-prepared and effective, and while its still "just baseball" there are bound to be some new wrinkles added. They've had plenty of time to rest and strategize which I think is awesome. Will part of that strategy be to get the team ready for how Up this will feel? 
  • How will the kids handle this stage? They've had a long break from live action. Will they be able to stay within themselves and play together in the way that has gotten them here, or will we see undisciplined play because of the bigness of their young careers?
  • What kind of presence will Adley have? He's wonderful, obviously, but also seems to be a stabilizing factor where, by comparison, Henderson has room to be firey. Will this postseason reveal the types of captain intangibles that he seems to bring? Is there another level to his play? Will he control the run game?
  • Gunnar - can he show poise under so much pressure on both sides of the ball? It's easy to forget how young he is because of the flashiness of his offense and baserunning. In some ways, he's our Bryce Harper. I'm not expecting him to suddenly show no emotion, but how might he respond if the offense isn't there right away?
  • Bradish and Grayson: is this for real? Spotlight will be awfully bright no matter the outcome of game 1, but can these two keep the swagger they've shown now that the weather has turned?

There's more, of course, but these were top of mind. 

Good luck everybody. See you down there.

What about you?

Edited by AdamK

29 minutes ago, AdamK said:

pressure

How do they handle it?  Can they continue doing what got them here for 11 more wins?!

What 'first impression' will Gunnar, Bradish, and Grayson have on America.  Adley had some exposure in the HR Derby, but can he take to the next level?

I'm looking forward to a hungry Mullins and Santander!  

Who's the unsung hero?  Even if the big names do their thing, we still need contributions elsewhere.  Fuji?  Frazier?  Mateo?  Means?  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AdamK said:

Yes. 

Hayes, Mullins, Mounty, Santander... they've been through some tough times here and their perseverance has paid off. Now what? I suspect they may have a harder time staying within themselves than the youngsters.

All 4 of those guys really need to show up this series

35 minutes ago, AdamK said:

Yes. 

Hayes, Mullins, Mounty, Santander... they've been through some tough times here and their perseverance has paid off. Now what? I suspect they may have a harder time staying within themselves than the youngsters.

I'm looking for people to start spelling Hays correctly.

• Haha 1

Patience at the plate. Work counts and don't try to swing for the fences. The offense was crap since the Houston series and hopefully the time off allowed for refocus. Don't try to do too much and stay within yourself.

I am not that worried about pitching and D. Its all offense for me.