ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Story of the season right there. Load the bases up only to ground out and get 0 runs.

And your manager who only knows how to manage by the book takes the bat out of the hands of one of your best hitters during the season.

Orioles really know how to be a major let down.  Did not look good at the end of the year then totally crap the bed in the playoffs.  

Just embarrassed we could not even be competitive.  Couldnt even win one game.  Couldnt do anything.  Two starting pitchers go less than two innings.   

This is epic level letdown.  

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

He's going to be fine. Already is. He has had a bad series, but he will adjust as good young players do. I'm not worried about Adley at all, we just need some more consistent hitters who can do damage to add to our lineup.

Man I hope so. Superstars show up in the Postseason. Adley did not. 

Though I am very disappointed with how this season ended (I am not one of those proud that the team had a winning season kind of fans, I want to win.) 

I see a silver lining in this. 1) We will no longer have expectations and a bar set so low that you can trip over it. 2) Angelos will no longer be able to hid his awfulness in the anonymity of irrelevance/losing. The will be pressure from the national media to properly support a winning team. 3) We see how far the going young/cheap/waiver wire approach can get us. In the end against the big boys you have to be able to match big gun for big gun. 4) Hopefully Elias has been able to evaluate what we need in order to get to the next level AND Angelos will support him.

IMO everything is not lost.

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Man I hope so. Superstars show up in the Postseason. Adley did not. 

Adley cant throw.  Has limited power.   He is overrated.   The Orioles should never ever draft another 230 lb switch hitting catchers in the first round.   Waste lower round picks on catchers.  

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

101 wins don't mean squat with getting swept, eliminated, and humiliated the first time you play a playoff series. They don't hand out participation rings. 

You said it was the story of the season. You are wrong, be a big boy and admit it was a dumb thing to say. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Texas is an elite defensive team. Just making no mistakes in the field.

To me their defense is what is the most surprising. 

I thought the book on Jung when he was drafted that he was "questionable" to stay longterm at 3B?  He is super solid there so far. Same with the rest of the IF and very simply they have 3 guys in the OF that either a natural CF or has over 150 games in CF like Garcia.

Having an elite D is a big part of why this SP looks OK even with the number of guys they have lost this year. Nobody really talks too much about it because they mash, but thier D is a huge reason why they are were they are