ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

Look, I don't get why we put Hicks in for O'Hearn to start with. Chapman was HORRIFIC. We wanted him to stay in. There is no way Boche would do it so call his bluff. And if he keeps Chapman in, then I'll take my chances that Ohearn won't swing at the 4 straight balls. 

Why in the world did we do that? Why are we trying to get them to pull Chapman? We should have been BEGGING them to keep them in.

No way that would have happened - we'd have gotten O'Hearn against their closer.

But once we got outmanaged, I agree with you there. Put in Kjerstad for the Grand Slam. I hope we give him an at bat in the 9th.

Let's say O'Hearn hits a gran slam there against Chapman. We are most likely still going to lose this game and/or series anyway. Right now they are just the superior team.

7 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Adley cant throw.  Has limited power.   He is overrated.   The Orioles should never ever draft another 230 lb switch hitting catchers in the first round.   Waste lower round picks on catchers.  

Agree.  Because of the nature of the position, the daily wear and tear just kind of makes every catcher around the same production wise. 

22 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

If my posting track record proves anything then I am an advocate believer of adding to the 2nd lowest payroll in baseball. IMO we are not going to be able to "waiver wire" our way to a World Series. Texas has done this to us without Scherzer or deGrom. They have shown that they are not afraid to take risks and add the necessary talent to compete. I don't think we have to spend like them because of the great foundation that we already have. But we can't spend down with the A's, have the Rays surpass us in spending and then believe that we are going to legitimately contend for a title. That's hubris.

Hubris, stupidity, whatever you want to call it, I agree. I just have no confidence that the Orioles will be willing to compete to get guys like Seager ($35 mm) or Eovaldi (just under $20 mm).

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree. But IMO in order for us to win in October we are going to need to have talent on par with our competitors. The Rangers were missing 2 (aging) superstar level talent pitchers. We are going to need more than just having to depend on Adley to have a great series. He could have had 7 hits this series and we would probably still be swept because our pitching has been that bad.

We can't afford it. We have a 5 year window. You do realize Texas has a $250 million payroll, right? Ours is like 72.

I DO NOT want them signing any aging stars. The fans were happy when we signed Chris Davis, I wasn't. Now I'd sign several of these super young guys through their year 30 season.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The 1969 Orioles hit .146 as a team against they Mets and the won the most regular season games in team history. Bad series happen even to the best of teams.

They also went up against 2 young Hall of Fame pitchers and a near one in Koosman.