Who are you mid February Final Four teams

ccbird

In a way I hate doing this because there is still more than enough times for teams to get hot or cold or suffer injuries. Not to mention it's unlikely these 4teams end up in different brackets but I just couldn't help myself.

UNC

Pitt

Oklahoma

Memphis

Pitt and UNC I feel pretty good about and at this point it would take some convincing for me not to have them in my Final FOur. The other two, Memphis and Oklahoma I'm just kinda feeling for now but could be pretty easily swayed in the coming weeks.

I don't see UNC making it. They don't play consistent defense, and their offense gets lazy for long periods of time (like they did in the second half against the Terps).

I think Pitt is a solid bet. They are tough, consistent on defense, and don't rely on the 3 point shot to win. I don't think both Pitt and UConn make it, so I'm going leave UConn out.

Oklahoma's play against Texas without Griffin impressed me. They are deeper than I thought they were. I know Texas isn't an elite team, but they were shooting great against OU....and OU held on to keep it close.

Sleeper #1: Marquette plays in a tough conference, and they are a tough team to play against. They havd a bad loss to Dayton, but there other losses are to ranked teams. They have a lot of experience at the guard spots (does it seem to anyone else like McNeal has been at MU for a decade?). They have enough 3P shooting to get by. Their biggest problem is they are an undersized team, but they seem to play "bigger" than they are. I think the guard experience could be enough to get this team through.

Sleeper #2: Clemson can shoot the 3. They have big, nasty guys in the middle. They have experience at the guard spots. But, they can also come out and lay an egg. If Clemson gets on a roll, I think they can make it to the Final 4.

So, I'm going to go with:

Pitt

Oklahoma

Marquette

Clemson

Oklahoma's win over Texas without Griffin impressed me. They are deeper than I thought they were. I know Texas isn't an elite team, but they were shooting great against OU...and OU held on.

???

Oklahoma lost that game.

As of right now, the only one I'd say with any confidence is Pitt.

I don't see UNC making it. They don't play consistent defense, and their offense gets lazy for long periods of time (like they did in the second half against the Terps).

I think Pitt is a solid bet. They are tough, consistent on defense, and don't rely on the 3 point shot to win. I don't think both Pitt and UConn make it, so I'm going leave UConn out.

Oklahoma's play against Texas without Griffin impressed me. They are deeper than I thought they were. I know Texas isn't an elite team, but they were shooting great against OU....and OU held on to keep it close.

Sleeper #1: Marquette plays in a tough conference, and they are a tough team to play against. They havd a bad loss to Dayton, but there other losses are to ranked teams. They have a lot of experience at the guard spots (does it seem to anyone else like McNeal has been at MU for a decade?). They have enough 3P shooting to get by. Their biggest problem is they are an undersized team, but they seem to play "bigger" than they are. I think the guard experience could be enough to get this team through.

Sleeper #2: Clemson can shoot the 3. They have big, nasty guys in the middle. They have experience at the guard spots. But, they can also come out and lay an egg. If Clemson gets on a roll, I think they can make it to the Final 4.

So, I'm going to go with:

Pitt

Oklahoma

Marquette

Clemson

Dang, I thought I would be the only one taking Marquette as a sleeper. I also like Pitt and Oklahoma, but I think a Big 10 team and an ACC team both make it.

I'll say for now:

Pitt

Marquette

North Carolina

Purdue

Dang, I thought I would be the only one taking Marquette as a sleeper. I also like Pitt and Oklahoma, but I think a Big 10 team and an ACC team both make it.

I'll say for now:

Pitt

Marquette

North Carolina

Purdue

I'm surprised anyone would go with Purdue...but, then again, I always hate on the Big 10.

LSU

North Carolina

Connecticut

Arizona State

I like Pitt, but Fields is too out of control to lead a team to the Final Four. I love Marquette's guards, but see them having trouble once they run into a team with any type of inside game.

Not high on Oklahoma only because the Big 12 is so down this year. When Arkansas beats two of the top teams in your league (Oklahoma, Texas),it's a bad year.

Sleepers:

See above, although both teams should be in the top 10 by tourney time so they won't really be sleepers for too long.

LSU

North Carolina

Connecticut

Arizona State

I like Pitt, but Fields is too out of control to lead a team to the Final Four. I love Marquette's guards, but see them having trouble once they run into a team with any type of inside game.

Not high on Oklahoma only because the Big 12 is so down this year. When Arkansas beats two of the top teams in your league (Oklahoma, Texas),it's a bad year.

Sleepers:

See above, although both teams should be in the top 10 by tourney time so they won't really be sleepers for too long.

You mean the same Arkansas that lost to your FF team by a whole 3 points?:D

I'm surprised anyone would go with Purdue...but, then again, I always hate on the Big 10.

I hate the Big 10 too, but they seemingly always have a team make it to the Final Four when I think theres no chance of it happening.

My picks are UConn, Pitt, Marquette, and OU

I haven't at all been impressed with the way UNC has lost most of their games, they definitely look like an early upset to me. Looking at my picks I just realized I picked 3 teams from the same conference, has that ever happened before?

My picks are UConn, Pitt, Marquette, and OU

I haven't at all been impressed with the way UNC has lost most of their games, they definitely look like an early upset to me. Looking at my picks I just realized I picked 3 teams from the same conference, has that ever happened before?

1985:

Villanova

Georgetown

St Johns

Memphis State

Archived