Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep…and we really don’t know if the WS truly are looking for pitching. People are assuming that because the asked for pitching in a Reds deal and Pepiot in a Dodgers deal.

Now, maybe that means they want pitching..or maybe it means they just valued pitching with those teams. No one actually knows.

I would hope Getz or any other GM isn’t dumb enough to take lesser prospects just because the pitch.

Yeah, he's probably asking for good talent based off the system.  

Depending on what else we gave up I'd be fine with a lower level lottery ticket arm.  I don't know if I'm willing to give up McDermott/Povich.

10 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Can someone please explain to me why a so called  "insider" would post on a non sanctioned team message board / forum? What would be their motivation? What would they gain from doing this?

Most likely to get a rise out of people on a completely different message board.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Three team trades are rare in the MLB, I'm not sure why that is.  If they want pitching I agree we're probably not the best match.  

The White Sox have the good fortune of being in arguably the crappiest division in baseball.  If their GM does, like, 75% of what Elias did they'll be in a good spot.

Yeah very rare but we were involved in one recently so we know they can get creative. AL Central is no good.

20 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Can someone please explain to me why a so called  "insider" would post on a non sanctioned team message board / forum? What would be their motivation? What would they gain from doing this?

They want attention.

Folks have done far dumber.  Have you heard about the multiple leaks of classified information because of an online tank fighting game?

32 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

99% of these “insiders” are bogus.  Sometimes you get someone who actually has a piece of information and they like the attention so much they act like they are now an “insider” .   They like the spotlight and attention insider status brings you.   “Sir Loin, what are you hearing”.

Posters on our board used to eat that stuff up and not even question someone who was obviously feeding them BS.  The few people who questioned the veracity of the information would get attacked for scaring the insiders away.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

99% of these “insiders” are bogus.  Sometimes you get someone who actually has a piece of information and they like the attention so much they act like they are now an “insider” .   They like the spotlight and attention insider status brings you.   “Sir Loin, what are you hearing”.

Posters on our board used to eat that stuff up and not even question someone who was obviously feeding them BS.  The few people who questioned the veracity of the information would get attacked for scaring the insiders away.

He wasn't here for the WOW offer days!  Good times.  

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

The one guy on their board runs a prospect site for the WS and has a lot of followers on twitter.

He recently posted about how the WS were about to sign an unknown lefty reliever…and then they did.  He seems to be in the know somehow. 

Im not sure about anyone else and even their own board member posting here is denying the idea that 5 or more of those guys are actual insiders…but the one guy does seem legit.

Vs LHP

Cease gets tuned up by lefties. How does that work in OPACY?

Road ERA

5.01 road ERA last year. He’s been a half run worse over his career on the road. Now he’d be pitching half his games in OPACY and the rest of the AL East isn’t exactly like pitching in Minn, Clev, KC, and Det. 

The "insider" thing was kind of fun back in the day, but I think with the continued advent/use of social media, teams are far more tight-lipped now then they were even then.  And even then most of what we heard didn't come to fruition.   For all the rumors/inside info, etc, I think you can count on one hand the number that actually happened.  

It's just not really worth following for me.  I don't really care if I get the news 2 hours after everyone else does haha.

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The one guy on their board runs a prospect site for the WS and has a lot of followers on twitter.

He recently posted about how the WS were about to sign an unknown lefty reliever…and then they did.  He seems to be in the know somehow. 

Im not sure about anyone else and even their own board member posting here is denying the idea that 5 or more of those guys are actual insiders…but the one guy does seem legit.

I could have predicted the Orioles would sign an unknown lefty reliever and been right too.  Every team in MLB has signed an unknown lefty reliever this offseason.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I could have predicted the Orioles would sign an unknown lefty reliever and been right too.  Every team in MLB has signed an unknown lefty reliever this offseason.  

I mean a guy came on here and got a lot of attention for saying Povich wouldn't be traded. Like, sure, he probably won't be. Because the vast majority of players won't be. Way to go out on a limb there. 

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

If we're going to include the Mariners, why do the White Sox need to be involved?   Personally, I think we are a better match with them than Chicago and should be going after one of their younger starters.

Yeah, usually Ockham's razor prevails. They might even have interest in some of our veteran assets which would be ideal.