Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@Frobby you should do a poll on the WS site.  From what I can see they don’t like any of our prospects outside of Holliday.  Mayo, Basallo, and Kjerstad have 1B risk.  Ortiz is too old and has no upside.  Norby’s defense.  Cowser’s ML SSS.  Any prospect we are willing to give up because then they must not be any good.   

But they are willing to accept Kjerstad at 25 due to the fact that he’s LH and no guarantee he will be good defensively. And not a potential GG SS. And they have at least 3 or 4 better prospects even though only Montgomery is ranked.

Edited by Roll Tide

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@Frobby you should do a poll on the WS site.  From what I can see they don’t like any of our prospects outside of Holliday.  Mayo, Basallo, and Kjerstad have 1B risk.  Ortiz is too old and has no upside.  Norby’s defense.  Cowser’s ML SSS.  Any prospect we are willing to give up because then they must not be any good.   

It looks to me like they're putting Orioles prospects under the same power microscope as we're doing with Cease.  It gets hard to differentiate things when you're down at the atomic level.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah the White Sox fans are dunces. But I wonder what people here would be requesting from the Sox if we had Cease and their farm system was the one that was stacked?

I bet a lot of us would be hoisting up that 2022 season like it was something special. 

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Wells is a perfectly reliable starter starting the season.  He was one of the better pitchers in the league the first half of the season.  Now you may need to add a guy at the deadline if if he does wear down again but it is false saying he isn’t reliable the first half of the year.  Means is the question mark but this is still a 90 win team as contrasted now.  The question is do we have the pitching to compete September and October.  We are as good as anyone in the league right now.  

Prefer Wells in the BP to start the season, It serves 2 purposes,strengthens the back end of the BP and serves as Protection if or  when a starter gets injured. IF they go in the directions of Wells as starter coming out of spring then they need another quality BP piece. Elias has so many options.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah the White Sox fans are dunces. But I wonder what people here would be requesting from the Sox if we had Cease and their farm system was the one that was stacked?

I bet a lot of us would be hoisting up that 2022 season like it was something special. 

I understand that outlook. They are like a kid before Christmas, they want everything.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Does it honestly matter how random posters on a White Sox message board value our prospects? I can maybe understand wanting to check their message board to try and get some intel, but this whole idea of setting up profiles just to argue with them seems unbelievably juvenile, counter productive and a giant waste of time. 

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, his 2022 season was quite special.  If this was last winter, his price would be though the roof.  But it’s not last winter.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I do think the White Sox situation is more like 4 years than 2 years.     Colson Montgomery and Noah Schultz are kind of Ryan Mountcastle and DL Hall.     They'll probably pick high the next several years looking for the Adley-Holliday straw that stirs the drink.

They probably wouldn't resonate with many posters, and it'd be a tougher sell to the fanbase, but Getz probably ought to be more on Braylin Tavera, Luis De Leon types than 25 year olds.

Its the branded story Luis Robert might still anchor the Next Good Team, but I don't think that will work out.

I was a little surprised those last few hours in summer 2018 when Schoop-Gausman followed Manny out the door, but I think that's what will end up happening with Robert, Eloy and Andrew Vaughn.     Andrew Benintendi is going to be Aaron Hicks one day before that contract expires.

I think it is fairly likely in talks Elias is working angles trying to get Michael Kopech or Garrett Crochet.     That they took Fujinami on as a project tells me they aren't worried about Kopech's wildness.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Does it honestly matter how random posters on a White Sox message board value our prospects? I can maybe understand wanting to check their message board to try and get some intel, but this whole idea of setting up profiles just to argue with them seems unbelievably juvenile, counter productive and a giant waste of time. 

There’s gotta be some irony in there somewhere.  Someone on a message board talking about his favorite baseball team deciding what is junenile and counter productive.  

28 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Never said he wasn’t good. He just runs out of gas at 100 innings. So he’s better suited for a pen/swing man role. Honestly he’d be my spot starter swingman and Hall one of my leverage relievers. I’d find a starter ….Clevinger, Burnes, Bieber, ….someone not named Cease.

I like Clevinger or Bieber more then giving up to much for Cease.  Clevinger was better than Cease last year as well.  I would stick with an offer of Cowser Ortiz and lottery ticket or two for Cease and if they don’t want that go after Clevinger or Bieber keeping most the prospects.  My order preference.  (Outside of trading for Luzardo) 

1. Bieber for Hays and prospect 10-20 range 

2. Cease for Cowser Ortiz and lottery ticket

3. sign Clevinger 2 years 30 million.  

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

There’s gotta be some irony in there somewhere.  Someone on a message board talking about his favorite baseball team deciding what is junenile and counter productive.  

The difference is I didn't create a profile on another team's message board just to try and play out a geriatric digital version of West Side Story. 

Anyone kinda wish the O’s would bow out at this point? Cease is an okay pitcher but nothing particularly special and the White Sox are being dumb by pretending he is worth half of what they’re asking for. It seems like either this trade won’t get done or the O’s will end up overpaying like crazy for him.

I hope Elias is using this public Cease discussion as leverage to get another pitcher from someone else. 

5 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

The difference is I didn't create a profile on another team's message board just to try and play out a geriatric digital version of West Side Story. 

Ok.  @Frobby you juvenile delinquent please try to be more like the sophisticated poster known as @HakunaSakata

• Haha 1

@Roll Tide quickly becoming the 2nd most hated Orioles fan over there.

Baron

Posted 2 minutes ago

So did Sports Wizard need some lackeys to come here because his insults about our reading comprehension and baseball knowledge weren't hitting home?