Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

They are talking about a Yankees package on the White Sox board. One of the guys just called their prospect and top 100 guy Everson Pereira trash. The guy only has a MILB OBP of .351. 

Probably not interested in his RH bat and poor MLB SSS. From what I’ve gathered their whole board has a LHB as their red line in the sand.

Either way, their insider linked the Yankees interest a couple days ago. Two days later and the Yankees are leaking that Getz is still not making reasonable asks. No different than CIN, ATL, and LAD with Glasnow. Baltimore has been the only team consistently linked throughout the negotiations. Getz really might be stuck with whatever our best offer on the table is.

8 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Probably not interested in his RH bat and poor MLB SSS. From what I’ve gathered their whole board has a LHB as their red line in the sand.

Either way, their insider linked the Yankees interest a couple days ago. Two days later and the Yankees are leaking that Getz is still not making reasonable asks. No different than CIN, ATL, and LAD with Glasnow. Baltimore has been the only team consistently linked throughout the negotiations. Getz really might be stuck with whatever our best offer on the table is.

So the Yankees have seemingly not wanted to blow out the luxury tax. According to Sportrac they are $40 million over already. If they go after a starter it’s Cease and his reasonable contract unless they want to blow it out the top of their payroll. The cost is a major hit to the top of their farm system.

40 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So the Yankees have seemingly not wanted to blow out the luxury tax. According to Sportrac they are $40 million over already. If they go after a starter it’s Cease and his reasonable contract unless they want to blow it out the top of their payroll. The cost is a major hit to the top of their farm system.

Here’s hoping they do it. I love seeing them trade their prospects. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Here’s hoping they do it. I love seeing them trade their prospects. 

They already traded 7 pitchers alone for Verdugo and Soto, plus whatever else went in the deals.

Posted (edited)

After pages and pages of me saying that Getz will have to come down in his demands and people yelling at me for acting like I know what’s going on, now they are saying well of course he isn’t going to get his initial ask.  FFS. 🤦‍♂️

But now they found an MLb article where some dipsh!t writer suggest Basallo+ for Cease and now that writer knows all.  You can’t make this stuff up.

Edited by Sports Guy

Potential trade return: C/1B Samuel Basallo (MLB Pipeline’s No. 46 prospect), 2B/OF Connor Norby (Orioles’ No. 7 prospect), LHP Cade Povich (Orioles’ No. 11 prospect), INF Ramón Urías

Who says no? Probably the White Sox. The proposed return here is strong, but for Chicago to give up Cease without acquiring Heston Kjerstad (MLB Pipeline’s No. 24 prospect) or Coby Mayo (No. 27 prospect) as part of the package might be tough to swallow. The reported asking price for Cease has been high given his age and two years of team control remaining, and a potential deal could always be revisited at the Trade Deadline. The Orioles, meanwhile, might be averse to dealing from their top four prospects given Baltimore’s ahead-of-schedule success and potential opportunities to bolster the rotation down the line.

What do you guys think about this deal? 

https://www.mlb.com/news/dylan-cease-trade-proposals

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

After pages and pages of me saying that Getz will have to come down in his demands and people yelling at me for acting like I know what’s going on, now they are saying well of course he isn’t going to get his initial ask.  FFS. 🤦‍♂️

Haha Chicago White Sox dude is a complete doofus. This is what he thinks Cease costs for Baltimore today 

• BAL: Mayo (3B/OF), Kjerstad (OF), McDermott (RHP) 

Just now, Malike said:

Haha Chicago White Sox dude is a complete doofus. This is what he thinks Cease costs for Baltimore today 

• BAL: Mayo (3B/OF), Kjerstad (OF), McDermott (RHP) 

After saying a month ago that Cowser and Ortiz is enough.

12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

What do you guys think about this deal? 

https://www.mlb.com/news/dylan-cease-trade-proposals

Potential trade return: C/1B Samuel Basallo (MLB Pipeline’s No. 46 prospect), 2B/OF Connor Norby (Orioles’ No. 7 prospect), LHP Cade Povich (Orioles’ No. 11 prospect), INF Ramón Urías

Who says no? Probably the White Sox. The proposed return here is strong, but for Chicago to give up Cease without acquiring Heston Kjerstad (MLB Pipeline’s No. 24 prospect) or Coby Mayo (No. 27 prospect) as part of the package might be tough to swallow.

24fps also says no.