Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Me being me I view it from the opposite view and Elias just doesn't want to give up what would be needed.

Me being me would agree but would point out that Cease has been on the market all winter and:

1. His home state team the Braves wouldn’t pay the price.

2. The Reds with as many prospects as the Orioles wouldn’t pay the price.

3. The Dodgers wouldn’t pay the price.

4. The Yankees wouldn’t pay the price.

5. No other team has paid the price.

6.  The price isn’t reasonable.  YET.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rustbelt said:

I read somewhere that Dylan Cease was named as an opening day starter for the White Sox.  That is quite ambitious. 🤪

Ambitious would be naming him game 1 starter in the playoffs.  😃

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Me being me I view it from the opposite view and Elias just doesn't want to give up what would be needed.

If we were the only team "in on" Cease, I would tend to agree.  But it appears to be a baseball-wide conclusion that the WS are asking for he moon and no other team has been willing to pay the price, not just the Orioles.

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

If we were the only team "in on" Cease, I would tend to agree.  But it appears to be a baseball-wide conclusion that the WS are asking for he moon and no other team has been willing to pay the price, not just the Orioles.

Let’s see what happens when Snell and Montgomery sign.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

People love plate discipline but they got a big problem with GM trade discipline.  Lol

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that's a big factor too. There's certainly multiple ways to perceive the reality. Player evaluations may have gotten more analytical in recent times, but evaluations of different players will always have a subjective opinion attached ro them. And everyone sees things in their own way from their own stand point.

Whatever the perception or who it's from, the outcome on reality is probably that there will be no agreement for a trade.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well of course he doesn't if what is "needed" is completely unreasonable.

Like someone said earlier, the White Sox expected a heavy bidding war to develop for Cease.  Obviously, this has not happened and unlikely to happen.  Of all the teams supposedly been "in" on Cease, only the Orioles have been the constant.  All others took other options.  Obviously, this does not mean others will stay away.  One thing that is obvious is that Getz wants more than what the Orioles are willing to give up.  He is making a big risk by waiting since I doubt Elias will blink.  

1 minute ago, SoxFan3344 said:

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

We can all agree - Joey Ortiz is not headlining a Jesus Luzardo or Dylan Cease deal now right? 

You realize that Cease and Luzardo are in no way, shape or form interchangeable players in terms value right? Luzardo has four years left on his contract (versus two for Cease) and he's also two years younger. 

And the irony behind you sharing this list is that it draws attention to the fact that Ortiz would immediately become the 3rd best prospect in the White Sox's system if they traded for him. Arguable the second best prospect depending on what list you're viewing.