Mariners Trade (proposed)

MarCakes21

Mariners certainly in the market for 3B now. If they don’t already have something lined up for Donaldson or Candelario, they very well could be a suitor for Westburg or Ortiz.

Considering how weak the FA market is for infielders, I’d be surprised if they moved Suarez without already having the replacement plan in place. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Mariners certainly in the market for 3B now. If they don’t already have something lined up for Donaldson or Candelario, they very well could be a suitor for Westburg or Ortiz.

Considering how weak the FA market is for infielders, I’d be surprised if they moved Suarez without already having the replacement plan in place. 

While Suarez has never replicated quite what he did in Cincy, he's been a big part of the M's the last two years. 150 games and 162 games played, respectively. It's a safe bet they've already got a replacement in mind, be it in FA or via trade.

20 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Donaldson looks about done.  If anyone gives him more than a low one year deal, they will regret it.

59 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Why?  And why Woo over Miller? 

From mlbtraderumors chat.  The price on Gilbert wouldn't be much less.  Was talking about a 1:1 swap of Holliday for Kirby.

Bartolo's cologne
1:23
Kirby for Westburg and Holiday? Throw in Kjerstad too maybe?

Steve Adams
1:24
As good as George Kirby is, I'm not sure you could get the O's to bite on Jackson Holliday AND Jordan Westburg (let alone adding Kjerstad in there). But man would that be a fun/insane offseason blockbuster, ha.

redfraggle
1:27
0 Chance Kirby is worth all 3 of those players, let alone Holliday by himself.

Steve Adams
1:33
Wasn't suggesting it was plausible -- just saying it's a fun hypothetical. Holliday is the No. 1 prospect in the game. Kirby is a young No. 2/borderline ace with five years of club control

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:
From mlbtraderumors chat.  The price on Gilbert wouldn't be much less.  Was talking about a 1:1 swap of Holliday for Kirby.

I don't think I'd do it because I always like our guys more, but it's probably close, and I like Kirby a bunch.  I'd rather a package of guys for Kirby/Gilbert, or move down to lesser pieces for Miller/Woo.

47 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Justin Turner on a one year deal would be an absolutely perfect fit for the Mariners.