Naoyuki Uwasawa Offer Being Prepared?

Can_of_corn

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os are very unlikely to pay someone a 7 figure salary (over like a million bucks) and send them to AAA. Thats just reality.

Which is why I didn't like the O'Hearn deal. They never brought him in to play in Norfolk...or Odor...or Hicks, even when he showed that he had contributed about all he had to contribute, they still ran him out there until the end. This team generally doesn't pay a player to sit or play elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

Which is why I didn't like the O'Hearn deal. They never brought him in to play in Norfolk...or Odor...or Hicks, even when he showed that he had contributed about all he had to contribute, they still ran him out there until the end. This team generally doesn't pay a player to sit or play elsewhere.

O'Hearn started the year in AAA so they clearly didn't have a problem paying him that salary to sit in AAA.

He got more playing time as opportunity and performance dictated.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Pickles said:

O'Hearn started the year in AAA so they clearly didn't have a problem paying him that salary to sit in AAA.

But if that salary is 2-4 times that, they aren’t signing them with the thought that they are good to just send this player to AAA.

OHearn’s salary was 500ishK more than the league minimum. Thats a lot easier to swallow for this team vs another 2-3M on top of it.

Edited by Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

But if that salary is 2-4 times that, they aren’t signing them with the thought that they are good to just send this player to AAA.

OHearn’s salary was 500ishK more than the league minimum. Thats a lot easier to swallow for this team vs another 2-3M on top of it.

Yeah, but we all know that when it comes to a reliever, that having the ability to be optioned means that they likely will get optioned. It happened to Irvin and Hall last year. It’s just how bullpens and options work. 

The big question is what are we doing with Wells?  If he’s the closer then the pen is fine with him and an addition like this player from Japan. Also, waiver wire adds, maybe a small trade, and a rule 5 lotto ticket arm. 

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os are very unlikely to pay someone a 7 figure salary (over like a million bucks) and send them to AAA. Thats just reality.

Do you think Mateo, Urias, Akin, Hilliard, McKenna, and Tate are guaranteed roster spots? 

Last year Voth was given $2M and was DFA. Givens got $3M and lasted four innings.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

I just wanted to be clear that I would not mind if they sign him. I just don't believe they'll sign him to option him at any point.

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Do you think Mateo, Urias, Akin, Hilliard, McKenna, and Tate are guaranteed roster spots? 

Last year Voth was given $2M and was DFA. Givens got $3M and lasted four innings.

Given got 5M and was hurt and then completely awful once most of the money was spent.

Most of those guys you mentioned got a million or so. They can be sent down. Once you get into that 2.5-4M range, that isn’t a guy they are signing to be sent down. He 100% is on the team unless he looks like complete garbage in ST.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Given got 5M and was hurt and then completely awful once most of the money was spent.

Most of those guys you mentioned got a million or so. They can be sent down. Once you get into that 2.5-4M range, that isn’t a guy they are signing to be sent down. He 100% is on the team unless he looks like complete garbage in ST.

The post I quoted said $1M means guaranteed roster spot. Now you are moving the goalposts.

The low end of the reported offer is $2M. I doubt Elias would guarantee a roster spot for that money. We should wait to see what the contract actually is and what it says (if he even signs) before getting worked up about it.

38 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

The post I quoted said $1M means guaranteed roster spot. Now you are moving the goalposts.

The low end of the reported offer is $2M. I doubt Elias would guarantee a roster spot for that money. We should wait to see what the contract actually is and what it says (if he even signs) before getting worked up about it.

I said 7 figures, “like a million”. I wasn’t be exact at 1M. not moving any goalposts, just wasn’t clear.

2M on low end, 3 on high end and there could be more for all we know.

The stupidity in this thread that I’m getting worked up over anything is well, stupid. I’m discussing it, nothing more, nothing less. You can talk about it however you want. I will talk about it how I want. Your opinion on how I do or don’t talk about is neither required or requested but thanks. 

If you aren’t able to discuss the move on its own merit, that’s your problem, not mine.