Gunnar on Flippin’ Bats

Sydnor

13 minutes ago, Aglets said:

So is Gunnar lying or is Boras lying?

I suppose both could be telling the truth if Boras was fielding calls..........but keeping them from his client?

As a licensed attorney, it would be against the applicable code of professional conduct for Boras to keep that from his client.   

Gut instinct would be that Boras is lying.   But on the other hand.............the phrasing 'not that I'm aware of' can be very strategic when you don't want to answer a particular question.  As I'm sure Frobby can attest to as a licensed attorney.  heh

Edited by Aglets

Just now, Pickles said:

Somebody's lying then.

I took Boras remark as a flippant joke, not necessarily to be relied on for truth.  But anyway, the question was about both Holliday and Henderson, as I recall.  So if he’s gotten calls about Holliday that would render his comment true enough.  

Just now, Aglets said:

Gut instinct would be that Boras lying.   But on the other hand.............the phrasing 'not that I'm aware of' can be very strategic when you don't want to answer a particular question.  As I'm sure Frobby can attest to as a licensed attorney.  heh

Maye Gunnar has told Boras not to talk to him about the topic until there was a firm offer in hand?

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Gut instinct would be that Boras is lying.   But on the other hand.............the phrasing 'not that I'm aware of' can be very strategic when you don't want to answer a particular question.  As I'm sure Frobby can attest to as a licensed attorney.  heh

If you’re not aware, that’s a good answer.  If you are aware, then “not that I’m aware of” is a lie.   

But I did tell clients, if someone walks into a room with a wet umbrella and someone asks you under oath if it’s raining outside, the correct answer is “I don’t know.”  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

As a licensed attorney, it would be against the applicable code of professional conduct for Boras to keep that from his client.   

Would that still be the case if they had previously spoken about exactly what a signable extension would look like?  Does he need to present him with all offers as they come in, or only if an offer that they had previously agreed  could work came in?