How Many #1/#2 Starters Exist in MLB

GoldGlove21

How Many #1/#2 Starters Exist in MLB (Poll)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How Many #1/#2 Starters Exist in MLB

• Less than 30
    • More than 40

35 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Bradish is awesome, but every time I see something like that I always wonder how he did over his last 39 starts. They drew the line there for a reason and that reason is probably to make him look better than he is.

That’s when he started throwing a sinker in games.  That was the reason we were saying he’d be great in 2023.  He sustained success thru one offseason.  

44 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Bradish is awesome, but every time I see something like that I always wonder how he did over his last 39 starts. They drew the line there for a reason and that reason is probably to make him look better than he is.

I’d say 38 starts is a pretty good run.  I don’t really care what the numbers were before that.

Cole might be the only guy in the "Ace" category currently. At least with the Verlander/Scherzer/Kershaw era guys getting older and less reliable. There are probably about 15 "#1 starters" and then a whole mass of pitchers that are everything from a #2-#5 depending on personal opinion including our own Kremer.

Edited by G54377
spell

2 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Looking at his 2022 Game Log, he's been so brilliant since its surprising to see his MLB ERA was 6.25 in his initial ~70 innings before the 8/26 gem.     That's some rookie integration tax.

It wasn't until the 9/6/2022 game the Statcast Pitcher Game visualization report first outputs the Sinker as a 5th pitch.

I do believe the Level Up to MLB is so significant cutting out a player's first results in those encounters is one of the "less bad" tactics.      Grayson was also Jekyll and Hyde his Year 1.