Trade Package Anxiety

RZNJ

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Cowser would be alot more highly regarded if the O's didnt have Mayo, Kjerstad, Bradfield and talk of moving Norby to LF. At some point you have to move on from someone, now odds are not all will make it, so you kind of have to defer to the scouts to guess who those might be.  I dont have a strong preference between Cowser and Kjerstad. Mayo is ahead of both and also possibly heading to the OF.

Being the 14th ranked MLB prospect for all of 2023 is pretty highly regarded. 

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

You’re worried about all these guys regressing.  What about the guy you acquire?   I happen to be a big Tanner Scott fan now.   I felt good for him that he was able to figure things out last year but he’s probably the kind of guy the Marlins keep to try and make a run and trade at the deadline if they don’t.

If Wells and Hall are in the bullpen I think we’re good there.   Is Ottavino or Brasier at 7-8M a significant upgrade over Jacob Webb and is it worth the cost.  Idk

Agreed, any guy we pick up has risk. Even Hader has had off years. I still think bullpen is a need and the more options we have the better. Of course my Plan A would for Wells to be the bullpen guy and acquire a SP.

4 hours ago, interloper said:

I would take someone kind of boring and solid like Ottavino just to gel everything together a bit. That would push out Tate because Irvin is out of options (I think?), but Tate does have an option. Baumann and Webb would need to be traded or DFA'd.

1. Kimbrel
2. Cano
3. Coulombe
4. Ottavino
5. Perez
6. Hall
7. Wells
8. Irvin

That's a very solid bullpen on paper.

Malike and I were responding to the idea of moving Wells to the rotation. Without Wells that means two of Tate-Baker-Baumann. I definitely like our bullpen better with either Wells and/or some outside reinforcement. I'd be pretty happy to never see Baker in an O's uniform again and slightly less but still also happy to get rid of Webb.

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Malike and I were responding to the idea of moving Wells to the rotation. Without Wells that means two of Tate-Baker-Baumann. I definitely like our bullpen better with either Wells and/or some outside reinforcement. I'd be pretty happy to never see Baker in an O's uniform again and slightly less but still also happy to get rid of Webb.

Its going to take some injuries to keep Webb in the pen.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think Westburg could be somewhere between Schoop and BRob in terms over overall impact, in a best case scenario.   That’s very good, but it’s not Grich. 

If you really evaluate him this high then figuring out a legit trade for him is going to be interesting.   I think I would love that level of production.   A young BRob would of been a great pick up for any team back then.  

5 hours ago, Malike said:

Being the 14th ranked MLB prospect for all of 2023 is pretty highly regarded. 

It is all because in a short sample size cup of coffee chance Cowser looked like a deer in the headlights some nights.  I expect he is going to be fine.  

7 hours ago, Gurgi said:

If you really evaluate him this high then figuring out a legit trade for him is going to be interesting.   I think I would love that level of production.   A young BRob would have been a great pick up for any team back then.  

Notice I said “could…in a best case scenario.”    I’m not saying Westburg definitely will reach that kind of level.  And, if he does, he won’t do it in quite the way BRob did, i.e., by stealing a lot of bases.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Notice I said “could…in a best case scenario.”    I’m not saying Westburg definitely will reach that kind of level.  And, if he does, he won’t do it in quite the way BRob did, i.e., by stealing a lot of bases.  

Westburg is faster though I know that isnt part of his game, but with some game experience you never know. Westburg could be faster than BRob in his prime. 

18 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Westburg is faster though I know that isnt part of his game, but with some game experience you never know. Westburg could be faster than BRob in his prime. 

And they made stealing bases easier,

I'd be very surprised if he added that element to his game but it's possible and I think more likely than him hitting 70 career WAR.

Edited by Can_of_corn

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And they made stealing bases easier,

I'd be very surprised if he added that element to his game but it's possible and I think more likely than him hitting 70 career WAR.

LOL.   You still going with straw man?    No one said Westburg was as good as Grich or likely to have 70 career WAR.   

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

LOL.   You still going with straw man?    No one said Westburg was as good as Grich or likely to have 70 career WAR.   

giphy.gif

These folks might be able to help with your obsession.  Remember it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help.

Not promoting them, but they do have the good sense to advertise on a podcast I listen to.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

These folks might be able to help with your obsession.  Remember it's not a sign of weakness to ask for help.

Not promoting them, but they do have the good sense to advertise on a podcast I listen to.

There’s as much chance of me clicking on that link as Jordan Westburg accumulating 70 career WAR or stealing 50 bases in one season.   BTW, I never got as many upvotes for one post than the one calling you out for giving Hazmat a hard time.   Keep nitpicking people’s posts.   It works for me.   

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

There’s as much chance of me clicking on that link as Jordan Westburg accumulating 70 career WAR or stealing 50 bases in one season.   BTW, I never got as many upvotes for one post than the one calling you out for giving Hazmat a hard time.   Keep nitpicking people’s posts.   It works for me.   

Cool on you for getting some internet points.  💯

• Haha 1