New hat leak?

Snutchy

I've never been a fan of the O's cap (I call it the Zeros cap) but I think it's initial popularity with the hip hop community and urban kids has kept it around. I remember being in college in upstate NY in 2005 and seeing tons of hip hop-ish kids coming into class with flat brim O's caps in a myriad of colors. They weren't Oriole fans- in fact most were from the NYC area- but that cap was fashionable for some reason.  I'm guessing the team and New Era made a fair amount of money on them, and maybe that is why they have lingered for so long. 

The 1998 cap is by far the worst of all time, no idea how someone thought that was a good look.

I LOVE the current cartoon bird. I think it is one of the best logos and unis in MLB and I am fine with keeping them just the way they are. Love the white, orange, and black jerseys. I used to like the gray road jerseys with Orioles on them. I liked the Baltimore changeover and first, but I admit I wouldn't hate a road gray Orioles jersey.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:59 PM, Tbone83 said:

I've never been a fan of the O's cap (I call it the Zeros cap) but I think it's initial popularity with the hip hop community and urban kids has kept it around. I remember being in college in upstate NY in 2005 and seeing tons of hip hop-ish kids coming into class with flat brim O's caps in a myriad of colors. They weren't Oriole fans- in fact most were from the NYC area- but that cap was fashionable for some reason.  I'm guessing the team and New Era made a fair amount of money on them, and maybe that is why they have lingered for so long. 

The 1998 cap is by far the worst of all time, no idea how someone thought that was a good look.

I LOVE the current cartoon bird. I think it is one of the best logos and unis in MLB and I am fine with keeping them just the way they are. Love the white, orange, and black jerseys. I used to like the gray road jerseys with Orioles on them. I liked the Baltimore changeover and first, but I admit I wouldn't hate a road gray Orioles jersey.

I went to school with a bunch of New Yorkers in the mid 90's.  I was excited to see fellow O's fan until I found out they just liked the look.  Most weren't even baseball fans.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:59 PM, Tbone83 said:

Heh, there was a time when O’s hats were popular amongst dealers to signify that they were holding O’s (ounces).