Roch has not posted today at 8 pm

wildcard

9 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Roch wanted to post about the sale.  He knew all about it coming down.  They refused to let him post it.  So he is taking a couple of days off.

Righhhhhht. So after being a media puppet for the Angelos' since 2008 he finally decided to draw a hard line in the sand about being able to report actual news in a timely manner? Yeah, i don't buy it.   

• Haha 1

The "streak" was dumb. I'm not even sure it was real. Clearly some of his posts were canned nothing burgers and he, Melewski and whoever was the MLB.com writer, all wrote about the same thing. I would guess there were many days that his "post" were scheduled (mailbags and leftovers) and he didn't actually do anything that day. He has gotten more and more self-absorbed over the last few years. I think it is time for him to move on. 

Edited by MCO'sFan

Lot of Roch hate in this thread that I don't really get.  The guy is harmless, if you think is blog is pointless why do you read it? 

I will say its odd that Melewski has now posted two stories acknowledging this news, and Roch hasn't posted anything.  So clearly if MASN was disallowing them to speak about it, they aren't any more.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Righhhhhht. So after being a media puppet for the Angelos' since 2008 he finally decided to draw a hard line in the sand about being able to report actual news in a timely manner? Yeah, i don't buy it.   

This is what I don't get as well.

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Lot of Roch hate in this thread that I don't really get.  The guy is harmless, if you think is blog is pointless why do you read it? 

I will say its odd that Melewski has now posted two stories acknowledging this news, and Roch hasn't posted anything.  So clearly if MASN was disallowing them to speak about it, they aren't any more.

No hate for Roch at all here, I just thought his streak was a ridiculous thing and he “mailed it in” hundreds of times just to keep it going, as if the world couldn’t live without a blog entry from him that says absolutely nothing new.   In general, I enjoy his blog and his sense of humor.  

10 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I stopped reading it years ago. Yes, it can simply be ignored but what is irritating is that the guy has access that others don't have, but never uses it to ask challenging questions that would actually be informative. Whenever those missed opportunities arise, it can still be aggravating.

Some comments from Roch this morning:

"Hello everyone. I'm loving this comment total! Let's break the internet. Or at least disqus, which only requires one hard keystroke.
I just put in for a week's vacation. Returning next Friday. Bold, I know. Just need to get away. Not from you all, of course. You know what I'm talking about. But I'll share some news in the comments as it comes, even if I'm not writing an article. Like if they finally announce spring training invites or minor league staffs."

"I always said it would have to happen organically, or whatever. Wasn't just gonna take the day off for no reason. Boy, did I have a reason. It'll all be in the book one day. Or the podcast if I move on :-)"

"Just staying home and decompressing."

So there is definitely more behind-the-scenes drama going on than what we are seeing openly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

Some comments from Roch this morning:

"Hello everyone. I'm loving this comment total! Let's break the internet. Or at least disqus, which only requires one hard keystroke.
I just put in for a week's vacation. Returning next Friday. Bold, I know. Just need to get away. Not from you all, of course. You know what I'm talking about. But I'll share some news in the comments as it comes, even if I'm not writing an article. Like if they finally announce spring training invites or minor league staffs."

"I always said it would have to happen organically, or whatever. Wasn't just gonna take the day off for no reason. Boy, did I have a reason. It'll all be in the book one day. Or the podcast if I move on :-)"

"Just staying home and decompressing."

So there is definitely more behind-the-scenes drama going on than what we are seeing openly.

Sounds like he might be out of a job, or at least it's possible.  That would be a shame imo.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Eh.

I mean I'm not happy he might be unemployed but the product he's been producing hasn't been all the high a quality.

I don’t mean this quite as harshly as it’s going to sound, but he’s a replacement-level journalist.   He’s a little funnier than the average reporter/blogger, but is otherwise easily replaceable if he walked away or was fired.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t mean this quite as harshly as it’s going to sound, but he’s a replacement-level journalist.   He’s a little funnier than the average reporter/blogger, but is otherwise easily replaceable if he walked away or was fired.   

You came not to praise Roch? But hopefully not to bury his blog.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Your comments on Roch are pretty much on point, but coming from you they do seem harsh.  Ouch!   Lol

• Haha 3