Who will be the next Oriole to hit 40 HRs in a season?

Yossarian

3 minutes ago, Winter said:

Santander this year, FG projects him at 29 ill take him for 11 more for his career high in his contract year. 

It’s not that easy to “dial it up” just because he’s in a contract year.  These guys are in a competitive situation every year.  Their Arb awards directly relate to how well they perform.  There are just as many guys who have down years in their walk year as up years.  

The last three years in MLB there have been 5, 4 and 6 players who have hit 40 homers.  It’s a very difficult thing to do in today’s offensive environment.   I’d bet against any particular player doing it, though Henderson, Kjerstad, Msyo and Basallo all have the raw power to do it.  I really doubt Mayo will do it unless he’s traded or the dimensions of OPACY are changed again.  

4 hours ago, Yossarian said:

So,  who is our next 40 HR guy?  And in what year?

I don’t see any of the guys doing it, it’s just a high mark. But I could definitely see a scenario by ‘25 or ‘26 where we have 5 guys that hit 25 or more.