Naming rights to stadium to be announced today?

SemperFi

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I haven’t owned a microwave since 2004. And don’t microwave at work, and try not to buy food from places that rely on a microwave. I read an article about Germany banning microwaves and talked about risks. It was long ago but there were claims about blood, stomach, and organ cancer. Things that seem to be increasing year over year in our country. 

Anyway, I use a toaster oven or the regular range. My wife enjoys it cold so to each their own. 

I wonder if the microwave itself is causing those issues or the garbage food that is being microwaved. 

The WSJ doesn't say why the announcement was cancelled.

"Angelos, whose family has owned the Orioles for three decades, had reached an agreement with T. Rowe Price, an investment management firm headquartered in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, people familiar with the matter said. A press release had been drafted announcing the identity of the company that would replace the “Oriole” part of Oriole Park at Camden Yards. It was scheduled to be blasted out on Tuesday. 

But it turns out that Angelos was also working on something else. It emerged last week that he is selling a controlling stake in the Orioles to a group of investors led by local private-equity billionaire David Rubenstein. T. Rowe Price, which thought that it was about to plaster its name around Camden Yards, didn’t know anything about a possible sale until learning about it in the initial news reports. 

The future of the Orioles’ naming-rights situation remains unclear, but the episode perfectly encapsulates the confounding saga that will almost certainly end with Rubenstein taking control of the organization. Even days before the sale was finalized, many stakeholders were kept in the dark by Angelos or only partially aware of the status of negotiations, including Major League Baseball and even government officials. "

https://www.wsj.com/sports/baseball/baltimore-orioles-sale-camden-yards-angelos-rubenstein-80259dc0?mod=sports_lead_pos1

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I haven’t owned a microwave since 2004. And don’t microwave at work, and try not to buy food from places that rely on a microwave. I read an article about Germany banning microwaves and talked about risks. It was long ago but there were claims about blood, stomach, and organ cancer. Things that seem to be increasing year over year in our country. 

Anyway, I use a toaster oven or the regular range. My wife enjoys it cold so to each their own. 

Microwaves aren’t banned here in Germany. You find them in offices and such, not so frequently in homes because people just don’t think they’re good at cooking food (and they’re not wrong). It’s just a cultural thing.

Also, for reheating pizza, my two favorite options are either done in a cast iron skillet (covered, with a few drops of water in there to keep it from drying out), or if you have more pizza than fits in a skillet, a pizza stone in the oven heated on the highest temperature does a great job. 

Edited by InsideCoroner

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

What, so they want a patch but balked at stadium naming rights? What a bunch of maroons. 

One of the original founders of the Carlyle group was a T. Rowe Price executive. Mr. Mathias actually received some money from T. Rowe Price to get the company started. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why do you assume “at Camden Yards” Would be in the name?

That's what the WSJ reported
A press release had been drafted announcing the identity of the company that would replace the “Oriole” part of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, people familiar with the matter said.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

That's what the WSJ reported
A press release had been drafted announcing the identity of the company that would replace the “Oriole” part of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, people familiar with the matter said.

Oh ok. Sorry, I missed that.  I agree that would be stupid but otoh, who really cares?  It’s still Camden Yards either way.

• Upvote 1

I prefer to reheat pizza in oven at 375, but a quick hack is to put in a covered frying pan, toss in a couple ice cubes, and let steam.

The best pizza to eat cold if you're in a hurry.......Ledo.   Breakfast of ex-champions.😆    

I'm not a fan of any frozen pizza.  Wegman's used to make decent pizza if you bought it fresh baked in the store.   Different strokes for different folks I guess

Edited by TonySoprano