Jackson Holliday spring training watch

Frobby

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd send him for his temerity.

Bonus points for utilizing temerity - great word! However, as the great Dizzy Dean used to say, “It ain’t bragging if you can do it!”

That fun stuff aside, I highly doubt Holliday would brag in such a manner. By all appearances, he seems like a humble kid. 

Edited by Orioles West

19 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

That fun stuff aside, I highly doubt Holliday would brag in such a manner. By all appearances, he seems like a humble kid. 

100%.  At ST last year, he would stay around post game and sign stuff, take pics with fans, etc until he got to literally everyone who was waiting. Sometimes there’d be 50-100 or more people. Not knowing this prior to, at the 1st game I attended, I waited until the very end so all the kids got a chance to meet him first. I was able to talk to him for a minute or two once it was my turn.

The maturity, manners, grace and humbleness he showed last year as 19 year old in his 1st big league camp (as a ball player anyway), was incredible. I’m in my later 40s and was completely blown away. He was ALWAYS the last player to leave the field. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

must of been windy down south today

Steady breezes on the FL gulf coast today between 15-20mph. I think it was blowing out to center in Dunedin. But either way, he tattooed that ball. 

2 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

100%.  At ST last year, he would stay around post game and sign stuff, take pics with fans, etc until he got to literally everyone who was waiting. Sometimes there’d be 50-100 or more people. Not knowing this prior to, at the 1st game I attended, I waited until the very end so all the kids got a chance to meet him first. I was able to talk to him for a minute or two once it was my turn.

The maturity, manners, grace and humbleness he showed last year as 19 year old in his 1st big league camp (as a ball player anyway), was incredible. I’m in my later 40s and was completely blown away. He was ALWAYS the last player to leave the field. 

Completely different at Aberdeen.  He avoided fans before and did the minimum afterwards.  Very similar to Adley.

3 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Completely different at Aberdeen.  He avoided fans before and did the minimum afterwards.  Very similar to Adley.

From what I understand, the “professional” autograph seekers wore him out. He apparently caught wind of the amount of cards he signed in person that were being sold online by these people, and so he started to shut it down. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

From what I understand, the “professional” autograph seekers wore him out. He apparently caught wind of the amount of cards he signed in person that were being sold online by these people, and so he started to shut it down. 

Glad someone gave another perspective. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

With how messed up the autograph/memorabilia market is, if I were in Jackson or Adley's shoes I'd only do selfies with fans and nothing else.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, yark14 said:

With how messed up the autograph/memorabilia market is, if I were in Jackson or Adley's shoes I'd only do selfies with fans and nothing else.

A lot of players now insist on personalizing the card or ball they are signing for you for free in person. Unless it’s at an event like a card show or signing event where you are paying for their signature. That’s a different story.  

So at the game, they will ask you what your name is, sign the item, but also write “To: James” or whatever on it, so that it has little to no resale value. 

• Upvote 1