Now, I want you to remember....

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

In 2023 the Orioles won 101 games.  Also, in no particular order:

• BRYAN BAKER

Is there something wrong with me that I kinda liked Baker.  No clue why.  Wasn't he the guy who would be the goofy moonwalk off the mound.  I found him to be the most comical part of last season.

8 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

No I meant 1.7 War, I meant the Adam Frazier that was worth  more than Tate Akin and Givens Combined What was their fWAR?

It's disingenuous to only spout the flavor of WAR that best supports your claim without even identifying which you are using.

Frazier was a below average player last season that hit well in clutch situations.

His defense was painful to watch.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's disingenuous to only spout the flavor of WAR that best supports your claim without even identifying which you are using.

Frazier was a below average player last season that hit well in clutch situations.

His defense was painful to watch.

You did not read my post ( I referenced Frazier to Givens Tate and Akin) yes and you you get to use you're flavor of War to disparage Frazier. Fine maybe he was below league average which is pretty good and what he was brought here to do. And by yore own admission had clutch hits. What were Akin Givens and Tate by any standard of WAR you want to use

Just now, Safelykept said:

You did not read my post ( I referenced Frazier to Givens Tate and Akin) yes and you you get to use you're flavor of War to disparage Frazier. Fine maybe he was below league average which is pretty good and what he was brought here to do. And by yore own admission had clutch hits. What were Akin Givens and Tate by any standard of WAR you want to use

The difference is I actually bothered to show what version of WAR I was using.  I wasn't just saying WAR as if there was an agreement among them.

Also, below average isn't pretty good, it's below average, it's in the term.  I'm sure he's fabulous at baseball compared to me, but that isn't the standard.

I do agree that guys that were hurt all season were hurt all season. 

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you mean ADAM FRAZIER (.3 fWAR)?

Adam Frazier, divisive even in the afterlife!   I was happy to play him in the Pirates’ all-star square in Immaculate Grid yesterday, a correct annswer given by only 0.9% of those who voted correctly.   And his two-out game-tying double in the 9th inning of the Sept. 17 Tampa game was probably the most thrilling moment of the 2023 season.  So, I’ll have only fond memories of The Pariah.

• Haha 1

Don't forget a whole year of JA and his wonderful press conferences and handling of MASN (think Kevin B.). What we learned yesterday sucks, but I look forward to a year of less drama and no FRAZIER THREAD! Thanks MOOSE. I love it when THE MOOSE IS LOOSE!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The difference is I actually bothered to show what version of WAR I was using.  I wasn't just saying WAR as if there was an agreement among them.

Also, below average isn't pretty good, it's below average, it's in the term.  I'm sure he's fabulous at baseball compared to me, but that isn't the standard.

I do agree that guys that were hurt all season were hurt all season. 

Again for Gods sake answer the Question what were Tate Givens and Akin worth last year? More or less than Frazier.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Adam Frazier, divisive even in the afterlife!   I was happy to play him in the Pirates’ all-star square in Immaculate Grid yesterday, a correct annswer given by only 0.9% of those who voted correctly.   And his two-out game-tying double in the 9th inning of the Sept. 17 Tampa game was probably the most thrilling moment of the 2023 season.  So, I’ll have only fond memories of The Pariah.

Yes but Tate Akin and Givens Contributed more

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't have an abiding dislike for the man I'm just irked when folks do things like cite one type of WAR without identifying it.

He wasn't the worst thing ever but I also don't think he was a needed addition.  Westburg outproduced him by rate even using rWAR.

Since math is obviously not a strong point of certain posters...

By rWAR:

Frazier- 1.7 rWAR in 455 PA.

Westburg- 1.2 rWAR in 228 PA.

Now this is almost exactly twice the PA so it's pretty easy to see that Westburg accumulated rWAR at a much higher rate.

In the interest of full disclosure Westburg had 1.1 fWAR.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have an abiding dislike for the man I'm just irked when folks do things like cite one type of WAR without identifying it.

He wasn't the worst thing ever but I also don't think he was a needed addition.  Westburg outproduced him by rate even using rWAR.

I know almost nobody who thinks he was a needed addition.   Given that we did acquire him, I thought he played decently.  And, he had several really memorable moments.