Now, I want you to remember....

Moose Milligan

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

@Moose Milligan did you have to adjust the tint of your monitor when you typed this? You know, to account for the orange glasses? :)

giphy.gif

@wildcard @Billy F-Face3 and @sportsfan8703 stole my orange glasses, drunk off their asses on spiked orange Kool-Aid.  It was a terrible experience, one that I don't care to remember.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have an abiding dislike for the man I'm just irked when folks do things like cite one type of WAR without identifying it.

He wasn't the worst thing ever but I also don't think he was a needed addition.  Westburg outproduced him by rate even using rWAR.

I don't think you appreciate how different you are than others.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if I was to look up a player's WAR, I'd go to BBref and tell you what it said. I know there's two different versions, but I don't know the difference and my base assumption is that the difference wouldn't be very significant. Maybe that's wrong, but I don't think it's subterfuge to not provide a citation for a WAR stat.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

I don't think you appreciate how different you are than others.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if I was to look up a player's WAR, I'd go to BBref and tell you what it said. I know there's two different versions, but I don't know the difference and my base assumption is that the difference wouldn't be very significant. Maybe that's wrong, but I don't think it's subterfuge to not provide a citation for a WAR stat.

I'm not opposed to just using the one, but you should identify which one you use.  Sometimes they are close (Westburg) and sometimes they differ greatly (Frazier).  It isn't difficult to put a lower case r or f in front of it.

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

My reocurring nightmare  -  when we play the Pirates, Frazier has the winning hit in all the games and OH explodes. Can we just let Adam Frazier rest in peace?

It's worse than that-- he signed with the Royals, so he has twice as many opportunities. 🙂

ADAM FRAZIER?   Adam was responsible for many clutch exciting moments of those 101 wins!!.  The “Shohei Who? “ hr, the MFY HR off the foulpole at Yankee Stadium, Judge falling on his face, and of course the last series Rays clutch double off Fairbanks in the ninth which was a great moment and sounded like the Delmon moment !! .. show me the Bryan Baker highlight reel?  You can keep your fWAR.. give me moments like these! 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't have an abiding dislike for the man I'm just irked when folks do things like cite one type of WAR without identifying it.

He wasn't the worst thing ever but I also don't think he was a needed addition.  Westburg outproduced him by rate even using rWAR.

Since math is obviously not a strong point of certain posters...

By rWAR:

Frazier- 1.7 rWAR in 455 PA.

Westburg- 1.2 rWAR in 228 PA.

Now this is almost exactly twice the PA so it's pretty easy to see that Westburg accumulated rWAR at a much higher rate.

In the interest of full disclosure Westburg had 1.1 fWAR.

His fWAR (Westburg) was completely carried by his defense. Oddly enough, Frazier has always been a decent defender until the wheels fell off him last season. 

I don’t understand why Frazier was signed, or Brett Phillips, or several other guys who weren’t as good as what we already had.

Will ME bring in another needless, roster-clogging guy yet again? That’s the main question.

I agree with Moose’s point, but remind the crowd that NY was plagued with injuries which-probably-cost them a dozen or so wins. They are back to full strength now.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I don’t understand why Frazier was signed, or Brett Phillips, or several other guys who weren’t as good as what we already had.

Will ME bring in another needless, roster-clogging guy yet again? That’s the main question.

I agree with Moose’s point, but remind the crowd that NY was plagued with injuries which-probably-cost them a dozen or so wins. They are back to full strength now.

Where are you getting the 12-win number from?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Bit of a dead cat bounce?

Sure, very possible.

Yeah, even the projection systems have him going from -10.5 dWAR to -1.8 at the low end to 2.1 at the high end. He was worth 4.4 in 2022. Not our problem this year but I'm sure someone will be watching it lol.